How many arrows to have enough or too many?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sliver

Re: How many arrows to have enough or too many?

Post by Sliver »

DaGriz wrote:You can never have to many arrows, crossbows, guns or knives! :mrgreen:

:lol:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

epd1102 wrote:I picked up my new Exomag on Friday. I then went home and started making up some 2213 crossbow arrows from some of my old vertical-bow arrows. I have literally hundreds of 2213s, an arrow saw, plenty of vanes and a fletching jig, etc. so far, I've made up about two dozen arrows for my crossbow. I'm asking you guys who have been shooting crossbows for a while, how many is plenty and how many does it take to just have too many? What do you think?
2213s have a thin wall............better make lots.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Depends too on how many deer you can take in a day . . .here in Georgia, we can take 12 . . .so I keep at least a dozen, just in case. 8)

I found that the good quality(heavier) shafts last much longer. In 6 years I have bought 42 shafts and I have 37 in my bucket.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Ont_Excal wrote:
epd1102 wrote:I picked up my new Exomag on Friday. I then went home and started making up some 2213 crossbow arrows from some of my old vertical-bow arrows. I have literally hundreds of 2213s, an arrow saw, plenty of vanes and a fletching jig, etc. so far, I've made up about two dozen arrows for my crossbow. I'm asking you guys who have been shooting crossbows for a while, how many is plenty and how many does it take to just have too many? What do you think?
2213s have a thin wall............better make lots.

Most folks bend these pulling them out from the target, keep it straight when doing so no problems, the gold tips would start splitting at the insert, so there's plus and minus with both, you got 2213's use them I do myself. You never have enough sticks

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
epd1102

Post by epd1102 »

vixenmaster wrote:
I am curious where did you find a new E'mag ? They quit makin them in 04. You have the 200 or 185 pounder ?
I guess I mis-spelled my new crossbow. I got the Exomax with the 225-pound limbs. I didn't get an Exomag. I'll correct my original post.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've destroyed a few 2213s, most of them before I got a good (as in Danny Miller) arrow puller. Pull them out of a target carelessly and you'll bend them. Also lost a few with careless shots that whacked trees or rocks at an angle.

I like to keep a few "select" ones set aside for hunting. I'll take several shots at a target with the same arrow and as long as it holds a tight "group" (1" or less at 25 yards) it's good to hunt with. If the "group" opens up over an inch I figure it probably has a slight bend in it.

I've switched to 2215s and 2216s in the past few years. They seem to hold up a lot longer.
wabi
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

epd1102 wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:
I am curious where did you find a new E'mag ? They quit makin them in 04. You have the 200 or 185 pounder ?
I guess I mis-spelled my new crossbow. I got the Exomax with the 225-pound limbs. I didn't get an Exomag. I'll correct my original post.
Hey don't worry about it, i thought you had scored a great find on a new/old stock model. Congrats on yer new Excal :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315