Good news for the GoPro guys.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ch312

Re: Good news for the GoPro guys.

Post by ch312 »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Used my Hero2 early pike fishing had some fogging issues. Don't really know why although I was filming for extended periods. It was cold and raining had the waterproof housing on. The batteries may have warmed up causing the fog? Do have the anti-fog pads just didn't use them didn't know? Should be fine though if you are filming short clips. Going to treat mine like a rifle scope keeping the camera in a cold/cool environment prior to use.
Scott
you don't need to use the waterproof housing unless the camera is going for a swim or it's raining heavily. stick with the vented back for most other applications and you'll get better quality sound and no fogging.

i've used my Hero quite a bit this year for quading and boating and it's awesome. but, i think i'll be upgrading to the Hero 2 next year seeing as there's a camera mount to use while down rigging and it'll be awesome watching the fish down below.

i haven't really paid attention to the low light quality, but i'm pretty sure it'll work fine during legal light around here.
Pydpiper

Re: Good news for the GoPro guys.

Post by Pydpiper »

Well, the GoPro 3 came out yesterday.. Smaller, faster and built in wifi, and a claim to exceptional low light quality.

http://gopro.com/hd-hero3-cameras
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string