#3 Down For The Year

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big58cal

Re: #3 Down For The Year

Post by Big58cal »

nchunterkw wrote:Way to go Mark.....do you think she jumped the arrow? 23 yards is close. If she was walking or moving when you shot I'd say maybe but if she was still??? Maybe it glanced off a rib? With that Swhacker I have a hard time going there too. Twig close to her hit the fletching and kicked the arrow a bit?

Bottom line is Great job following through and finding the deer.
She had stopped when I hit the trigger. I doubt she would have jumped because I would have hit higher than I did. The hole was at the height I was aiming, just back a little more. Didn't hit any limbs. There were 2 limbs that I had to contend with in that area, but she hadn't gotten to them yet. Other than that, it was completely clear. My climber has a bar going around the front of it and I was resting my left arm on that. I doubt the arrow glanced because those Swhackers aren't supposed to with as long as the point is. Guess I'll never know. :?

I saw the Luminock hit behind the shoulder, that's why it really puzzled me when I jumped her up. :? Knew something wasn't quite right. She should have been down for the count within just a few seconds.
VixChix wrote:CONGRATS on the recovery and the harvest!!!

I think I missed your first two - I've fallen behind on reading the forum lately. :? My apologies and belated congrats on the others too! :D
Where you been Monica? You been getting to hunt any?

Here's the first 2, a doe opening morning and an 8pt 2 weeks later.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=44405

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=44644
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
gerald strine

Re: #3 Down For The Year

Post by gerald strine »

Congrats Big 58 cal you are having quite a season !
Hunt eat sleep repeat.