Time for a new String?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fazan

Re: Time for a new String?

Post by Fazan »

I am not a string expert by any means, but it appears to me that serving could use some wax.Too late now anyway, but wax might help your new string last longer. Just my two cents.
ScottGott

Post by ScottGott »

I did get some wax at the Bass Pro shop yesterday. They said they could reserve the string there for $10. I'll keep that in mind for next time, Danny asked me to mail this string back to him so he can take a look at it.

The guys at Bass Pro also said they could "file the trigger mechanism" for me. I think I'll see how the new string does and if the trigger is eating the string I'll polish it myself.

Strum thanks for the offer. Where do you hunt down here in GA.
strum

Post by strum »

ScottGott wrote:I did get some wax at the Bass Pro shop yesterday. They said they could reserve the string there for $10. I'll keep that in mind for next time, Danny asked me to mail this string back to him so he can take a look at it.

The guys at Bass Pro also said they could "file the trigger mechanism" for me. I think I'll see how the new string does and if the trigger is eating the string I'll polish it myself.

Strum thanks for the offer. Where do you hunt down here in GA.
Good choice on not letting them file your trigger..doing what Boo recomends will probly fix you up..Get some daltons wax..use sparingly ..wax the night before you shoot so it will soak in ..rub the serving every 30 shots or so to redistribute the wax ..add more as needed..75 to 100 shots maybe..
also if you take the string off and turn it 180 Degrees so the latches are on a diff spot it extend the life..Dan told ( and i listen to Dan) that as you shoot
the latches wear in.. like a slow polish... :D
as for the hunting ..i have some private land i hunt ..not much these days and there is quiet a bit of Forestry land up here too..dont know much about where yer at ..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16