Matrix speeds

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoagy

Re: Matrix speeds

Post by Hoagy »

What are the specs on the Matrix Diablo arrows? Who manufactures these?
Thanks, Hoagy
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

How soon will they be availible to the public ?
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Hey. Are these bows out for the public to purchase yet?
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
PA_DeerHunter

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

Boo wrote:Craig at Gagnons sent me some speeds that he recorded.
" The 380 with a 352 grain bolt hit 387.5 fps , the 355 Matrix with the same bolt was 363 fps on our Chrony. "
Wow!!! Then if you take the "1 fps per 5 grains of arrow weight" rule, that would mean this particular bow is shooting a 385 grain arrow at 380 fps, making it equal to or faster than the SZ380. I want one!!!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Very impressive speeds, priced out of my range, but will be looking forward to hearing peoples reviews as they buy them up. I read someone on here has already purchased one, so hopefully he posts his results as well.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Does anyone know how much punishment the serving is receiving? I would have to believe like anything else performance comes with a price, which isn't always a bad thing knowing it has heightened capabilities.

Funny how comments have been made about the matrix being pricey, I have to agree, but after searching other xbows that are less capable, they really aren't that pricey. I think Excalibur has spoiled us with the previous line of bows being an excellent bang for the buck! LOL!!

The more diverse line up of Xbows should really help maintain sales, from the novice to the seasoned Xbow owners, there seems to be something to outfit a much broader group of sports folks!
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
mingle

Post by mingle »

Boo wrote:
Woodspike wrote:
rej wrote:Will?, Eddy?, Ralph?. Apologies for the faux pas, watched that movie long ago. I would be very cautious about installing those new limbs on a riser that looks very different. That could be a nasty slap in the face, on the other hand you might get to 400 fps. :|
I'm sure they probably widened the limbs just enough to make them incompatible.
Making them easily compatible would be irresponsible. I'm guessing the first one that tries it gets to tell us what those new limbs taste like :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe the limbs would work on a vixon or phoenix. all we can do is hope...
Boo

Post by Boo »

awshucks wrote:
so you have to use a specific matrix string.
Peter, does that mean the Matrix won't be able to use a FFF?
Yes it can but Excalibur has not ordered any yet. I am going to go out on a limb and say that Flemish strings are stronger. I've seen endless loop strings break where I know a Flemish would not break. However, they've been shooting these strings for a long time now with no breakages of the endless loop strings.
Another note worthy tidbit. With a limited amount of experimenting the limbs appear to be very efficient as higher performance strings at this point do not seem to give any measurable gain in arrow speeds.
All in all this new series of bows is very interesting and I am sure it is going to be a big success for Excalibur!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Thanks, Don......
"Eze 18:21"
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

taz3 wrote:
Funny how comments have been made about the matrix being pricey, I have to agree, but after searching other xbows that are less capable, they really aren't that pricey. I think Excalibur has spoiled us with the previous line of bows being an excellent bang for the buck! LOL!!
I cannot speak for the other comments, but when I mentioned the Matrix was out of my price range it was more a comment about my thin wallet not that Excal was charging to much lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Bullzeye wrote:
taz3 wrote:
I cannot speak for the other comments, but when I mentioned the Matrix was out of my price range it was more a comment about my thin wallet not that Excal was charging to much lol
i am the same as you here, i don't think ( especially considering it's brand and the capabilities of the bow) it's "over priced", just "over my price"... until i get a better job anyways.. but this xbow, i would definately have no problem making payments on.. if the wife lets me...lol
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

[quote="Boo

Another note worthy tidbit. With a limited amount of experimenting the limbs appear to be very efficient as higher performance strings at this point do not seem to give any measurable gain in arrow speeds.[/quote]

260 lb. draw weight, shorter string and shorter power stroke all add to the overall efficiency.
Man, I'd hate to have a string let go on one of these brutes.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Boo

Post by Boo »

Ont_Excal wrote:[quote="Boo

Another note worthy tidbit. With a limited amount of experimenting the limbs appear to be very efficient as higher performance strings at this point do not seem to give any measurable gain in arrow speeds.
260 lb. draw weight, shorter string and shorter power stroke all add to the overall efficiency.
Man, I'd hate to have a string let go on one of these brutes.[/quote]
I was on the phone with Danny Miller when he experimenting with a string material I was pushing him to try. The string broke at the loop and it took a while to find it. If anyone sees his work place it's considered a miracle! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
excalibrett

Post by excalibrett »

Bullzeye wrote:Very impressive speeds, priced out of my range, but will be looking forward to hearing peoples reviews as they buy them up. I read someone on here has already purchased one, so hopefully he posts his results as well.
That was me :D . I am suppose to receive it late next week. Will be glad to answer any questions you guys might have after that.
Excal Matrix 380
Leupold VX1 2-7x32
Black Eagles
Boo Strings
custom Munchmount

Strykezone 380
Hawke xb30
Black Eagles

Darton Lightning
Hawke xb30
Gold Tip Laser IVs
taz3

Post by taz3 »

xbowrook wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
taz3 wrote:
i am the same as you here, i don't think ( especially considering it's brand and the capabilities of the bow) it's "over priced", just "over my price"... until i get a better job anyways.. but this xbow, i would definately have no problem making payments on.. if the wife lets me...lol
Sorry guys didn't mean to single anyone out :oops: I was just trying to add more depth to the point you folks were making!

I'm in the thin wallet club too. :roll:

I certainly have it on my wish list! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting