Matrix - Stringing & Unstringing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Re: Matrix - Stringing & Unstringing

Post by ComfyBear »

maine hunter wrote::D don't all excals come pre strung???? so they must sit in stores and warehouse stung for long lenth of time don't they??? just my thoughts.
I don't remember if my Exomax came strung or not. However, like we've now come to realize, as long as they are stored in a cool place, leaving them strung doesn't seem to affect the limbs of the ones prior to the Matrix. What I'm wondering is if the same is true with the Matrix limbs.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Prorudy

Post by Prorudy »

Ive never had a problem putting on, or taking a string off any excalibur bow, until i got the Matrix...... i now own a stringing aid!
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

I just spent a week running our shooting range at the ATA show and put hundreds of shots through all three of the new models. I did have to adjust the brace hieght a few times and found the easiest way to remove the string on the new Matrix was to use the stringing aid with the rope cocking aid. You can also do it by hand but I'm getting old and lazy and found the cocking/stringing aid combo to work like a charm.

Unstringing is not a big deal on the Matrix using the aid but, if you left it strung in a cool spot it will not hurt the limbs.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Since the consensus seems to be that stringing aid is needed, I suppose it would make sense if the Matrix kits included one. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.