Matrix issues

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

taz3

Re: Matrix issues

Post by taz3 »

If you're not shooting the same groups as your Phoenix, something is out of tune. My wife picked up a 380 and hit a dead center bulls-eye at 20 yards and only ever shot my Phoenix once prior. As for the scope, Boo explained it best, look at your target the same as bird hunting and bring the scope up while looking at your target, and practice it over and over until it is second nature. Once the view is correct and clear you're right on target. The window is tighter for correct alignment, but once you know where it is, it's easy as pie to repeat.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Boo

Post by Boo »

taz3 wrote:If you're not shooting the same groups as your Phoenix, something is out of tune. My wife picked up a 380 and hit a dead center bulls-eye at 20 yards and only ever shot my Phoenix once prior. As for the scope, Boo explained it best, look at your target the same as bird hunting and bring the scope up while looking at your target, and practice it over and over until it is second nature. Once the view is correct and clear you're right on target. The window is tighter for correct alignment, but once you know where it is, it's easy as pie to repeat.
Yep! Once you were set straight the scope was as clear as AV gas wasn't it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
All kidding aside. Paul took about 10 mounts of the bow to figure it out and Lou took about 20 (but he almost took his eye out!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I think the more you shoot the Matrix the more accustomed you will become with it ...I have no problems with mine, Its like it was made for me ...It fits to a tee ..shoots great...scope is sweet and comes right up to me with wide field of view. Now the other crossbows I own feel like they are to big and heavy.
Only advice I could give anyone would be is shoot the dang thing and if you don't like the scope try something else. That goes for the string ,Bolts or the R.E.D.S. system right down to the broadheads you use.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I ditched the factory scope for a Leupold and one of Don's trigger jobs and string. Shoots 3" groups at 70 yards no problem. Using GT Lazer 3 arrows
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

cecil30-30 wrote:Well got out to sight my new Matrix in for the first time yesterday and I must say, im having a bit of buyers remorse so far.First off, the trigger is Crap! The Tact zone scope they sent me is extreamly blurry on the sides.If your not perfectly square with the scope,everything turns blurry. And the best 20 yd group I can get is 2 inches with the diablo arrows.My $400 5 year old pheonix puts the Matrix to shame. It's so accurate I will not shoot groups at 20yds,it'll bust arrows pretty often.The way this Matrix shoots,im not afraid one bit to shoot groups at 20yds.At 60 yds my groups open up to about 4-5 inches.For $1000 crossbow,I expect better accuracy than this.I was recommended the Black Eagle executioner arrows and ditch the diablo's.So I have done just that,placed a order for half a dozen executioners today.I hope this will clear the accuracy issues up a bit.
I have to say its unsettling to hear this about the NEW Excalibur Matrix line. I have been thinking about selling my Equinox and getting the Matrix 335, but it might be a mistake. My Equinox has a smooth and nice trigger from day one, nothing has changed over time. I ditched Excalibur's Shadow-Zone scope because it didn't have good light gathering characteristics. My Equinox is super accurate too!

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
ranger

Post by ranger »

wheelie wrote:At Boofest I got to handle a Matrix and I don't understand how people can not line up the scope that comes on them. I shouldered the bow ten times and every single time it was there. I accually like the scope. Same as a compound vertical bow line it up the same everytime and eye relief won't change. I have only good things to say about the scope and the bow.
I have no issues with the scope either but I like the XB30 for some reason.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Blurry edges are not normal and if not able to adjust, then the scope is defective. Proper eye relief adjustment is important for any optic. Eye to scope alignment is equal important, but if the edges are still blurry then something is off and is not normal.

Andrew

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Not all TacZones are the same............
"Eze 18:21"
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

awshucks wrote:Not all TacZones are the same............
Yes, and its a big issue That's where Excalibur needs to start correcting their scope problems. Quality control issues! Excalibur obviously outsourcing its scope manufacturing to China which is most likely the problem. In my opinion, each and every scope needs to be quality checked before it leaves the factory and long before it is ever touched by a Excalibur customer.

Andrew

Boo

Post by Boo »

I have 3 of them and they are all the same. They work as long as you work with the eye relief. Yes it is critical but if you mount the bow like a bird gun it works every time. I had some difficulty at first but with some repetitive mounting of the bow its no longer an issue.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Well got out to sight my new Matrix in for the first time yesterday and I must say, im having a bit of buyers remorse so far.First off, the trigger is Crap! The Tact zone scope they sent me is extreamly blurry on the sides.If your not perfectly square with the scope,everything turns blurry. And the best 20 yd group I can get is 2 inches with the diablo arrows.My $400 5 year old pheonix puts the Matrix to shame. It's so accurate I will not shoot groups at 20yds,it'll bust arrows pretty often.The way this Matrix shoots,im not afraid one bit to shoot groups at 20yds.At 60 yds my groups open up to about 4-5 inches.For $1000 crossbow,I expect better accuracy than this.I was recommended the Black Eagle executioner arrows and ditch the diablo's.So I have done just that,placed a order for half a dozen executioners today.I hope this will clear the accuracy issues up a bit.cecil30-30

Your results are not typical, please call us and we can discuss your issues further, 800-463-1817 ext. 210. The scope is eye position critical due to the short construction of the scope so how you place your eye needs to be the same each time. Give us a call and we will do our best to make you happy.

Peter
billygoat

Post by billygoat »

I dont know if you could say not typical peter. I have seen many posts regarding problems with excal scopes and i myself am on to my third.
There is in my mind a common complaint and that is that excal has done a fantastic job of creating amaizing bows but let themselves down some by buying cheap chinese scopes. I would think a partnership with hawke or leupold or the like would be a huge step foward for excal. Just a thought and if excal wants to keep its brand at the top im sure they will start listening to their customers feedback. As the company states in its adds regarding the matrix. We listened to what our customers wanted in a bow!. Enter the Matrix...
Equinox 225lb with S5 system
ShadowZone scope
Gold tip laser II - Firebolts - Horton lightning strike w luminoks.
Excalibur x-act 100g -Magnus stinger buzzcut 100g
If you love something set it free if it doesnt come back hunt it down and kill it!!
ranger

Post by ranger »

I shot my Matrix with a Forum member here and he had issues with the Tac where I had no issues with the scope but that doesn't mean I'm not putting something different on it like a XB30 :) . I like the Tac.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Eye relief needs to be adjustable, not a work with eye relief. All my firearms and Equinox I can mount like a bird gun and each and everyone is crystal clear with zero blurry edges.

I have owned short (1-4x20mm) construction scopes and they don't suffer from this critical eye position each and every time, furthermore the edges aren't blurry.

This problem has become very typical for the Tact-Zone scope and cannot be erased with a work around.

Andrew

Post by newbie »

yooper_man wrote:Eye relief needs to be adjustable, not a work with eye relief. All my firearms and Equinox I can mount like a bird gun and each and everyone is crystal clear with zero blurry edges.

I have owned short (1-4x20mm) construction scopes and they don't suffer from this critical eye position each and every time, furthermore the edges aren't blurry.

This problem has become very typical for the Tact-Zone scope and cannot be erased with a work around.

Andrew
Do you own a tact zone? just askin
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!