Flemish Strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Re: Flemish Strings

Post by Raymond »

Folks,
What is the best way to store your backup flemish string in between hunting season? Or storing any string as far as that goes? Is it best two hang it by one of the loops and let it hang out straight or is it best to keep it laid in a circle in a Ziploc baggy?
Thank you,
Raymond
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

ParkerSxS wrote:Thanks Ray,
Homemade out of shipping crate wood. :)
How many arrows can you store in the holder? It looks like a dozen. That is a good number.
Thanks,
Raymond
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

I purchased an Ibex this spring and have not shot a ton of arrows as of yet. I want but do I need one of these flemish strings for the up coming deer season?
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Just two strings ready to go? I have at least 4 for each bow ... that's the thing about enjoying making your own. :lol:
Last edited by Cossack on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
ParkerSxS

Post by ParkerSxS »

Raymond wrote:
ParkerSxS wrote:Thanks Ray,
Homemade out of shipping crate wood. :)
How many arrows can you store in the holder? It looks like a dozen. That is a good number.
Thanks,
Raymond
Yes 12
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
I finally got some shooting done in the last couple of weeks. I installed the string and made sure that the brace height was a 1/4" high over the highest brace height mark and left my crossbow cocked for two days and then adjusted the string to the proper brace height and adjusted the rubber bubbers of my NGSS. Everything was settled in nicely.

I shot around 100 shots. The string has held up well so far. It is not that loud and it shoots smooth. The serving is wearing well. A factory made string would have had the serving separated well before 100 shots. I had some medical issues with Ulcerative Colitis that has slowed me down for a while and I am bouncing back from that now. But the strings that Dan aka xcaliber makes seems to be a great string also. I am very pleased so far with his strings. He sent me two as a gift and I will be hunting with them this fall. The Whitetail Deer season opens September 23 for Crossbow and Muzzleloader hunters and I am looking forward to that. I am on a full liquid diet, working to get control of the medical issues created from the Ulcerative Colitis, and boy oh boy let me tell you that I would give anything to have a BBQ steak, a big juicy burger, or a juicy rack of ribs right now. Oh boy that will be good when I can have that. That is weeks away and I cannot wait until my body can handle that. Hopefully by the time my body is ready I will have harvested a deer. That would be awesome. I forgot to take any pictures but will take some pictures the next time I shoot. That will be sometime this week because Monday hunting season opens, yahoo. Rain or shine, Depends or not I am going, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks,
Raymond
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Raymond wrote:Folks,
What is the best way to store your backup flemish string in between hunting season? Or storing any string as far as that goes? Is it best two hang it by one of the loops and let it hang out straight or is it best to keep it laid in a circle in a Ziploc baggy?
Thank you,
Raymond
Ray, tie the endloops together w/ a bread tie so your bheight stays the same.......This is assuming you broke one in and are on your 2nd one......... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

awshucks wrote:
Raymond wrote:Folks,
Thank you,
Raymond
Ray, tie the endloops together w/ a bread tie so your bheight stays the same.......This is assuming you broke one in and are on your 2nd one......... :mrgreen:
Hey Dan,
Thanks for reminding me about that. I will change and put the 2nd string on tonight and tie the 1st string ends together to save the brace height and get the 2nd string broken in before the season starts on Monday. I should be able to have enough time to get it broken in before Sunday.
Thanks,
Raymond
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Dan is a string making artist who takes care of his customers, and the strings speak for themselves. The matrix string is settled in and shoots great. Less twang than factory. Let it stretch, readjusted brace height....we are ready. My matrix has 3 backups. I'm a happy dude!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
Ghostman

Post by Ghostman »

Dan sure does make a fine string! I'm using a camo string on my Exomax, just order a bronze/silver spare for it and a camo string for my new Matrix 380. :D
Excalibur Exomax
Scorpyd Vent.
TenPoint Stealth SS
Hawke Scopes
BEE Arrows
Flex Fletch Vanes
Rocket & Slick Trick Broadheads