problem with my bow!! Not happy!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

Re: problem with my bow!! Not happy!!

Post by maine hunter »

:D they are #1 in my book!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

Hey All:
I had a dryfire...at least I think I did. I was talking to my son while sighting in and he was weighing broadheads and arrows and well you know how it happens.

I called the factory, they said come on down (2 hour drive) and they would look after it right away.

They replaced the limbs, put on some other accessories (which I paid for) and at my request had the technician come out and talk to me.

There was what they call a $30 "dryfire charge" that I don't have any issue with.

No additional charges for the labour on the accessories.

Top notch service from a great company. End of story, at least for me.

Unless I screw up again....

I'd love to speak to them again, but not under embarrassing circumstances... :D
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

You can,t fix stupid :shock: but Excalibur does a great job helping out us that are not as smart as we should be at times :lol:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Pydpiper wrote:I think for the experienced folks we KNOW the problem will be looked after, it comes from years on the forum seeing it happen, a lot.
For a new guy, it is "just a product", they don't have it driven in to them that the service will be looked after, they don't know that service comes fast. To them it is just another product.
I just bought a new Savage rifle, it is horrendous, absolutely disgusting. If I complain here, I will get opinions, but if I went to a Savage forum, if one existed, I would get pounced on.
We have experience with great customer service, but the new guy, it is just that, new.
It is hard to get a new guy to accept that the customer service will prevail, but to us, is so deeply embedded in to our heads we just assume everyone should know, but they don't.
Look at vixenmasters post about broadheads, here we took it at criticism, but if that were brought to a forum provided by the company, filled with people who understand the product, he could have easily fallen in to the "whiner" catergory.
Refer to rule #1.
I know what you are getting at David. But what brings a first time poster to the forum with a complaint? I think it's to embarass the company so they get better service. It's not always the rule, but a good percentage of the population functions that way. These posts usually include "I paid $xxx amt", so Excalibur: what u gonna do for me???

My first bow years back: an exomax. I had it a day and then the limb developed a splinter (no dryfire). I went to the shop where I bought it and got no help. They gave me a queer look and said:xxx amt for new limbs. I then went on a Internet search and found this place and excaliburs contact info. I then contacted Excalibur, they fixed me up at no cost, then I joined the forum. It's been great since. It doesn't take special skills to get a hold of one of many people representing Excalibur for a warranty claim.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

There reputation for standing behind their products is what makes them # 1 in my book. I was a little worried when Peter took over but looks like he is standing behind old policies and a plus for the company
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Normous

Post by Normous »

I have been looking for a brain fart fix for some time now. I could look a little harder now that I have entered the Second half Of My Life.
Good on you Neil!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

one shot scott wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:I think for the experienced folks we KNOW the problem will be looked after, it comes from years on the forum seeing it happen, a lot.
For a new guy, it is "just a product", they don't have it driven in to them that the service will be looked after, they don't know that service comes fast. To them it is just another product.
I just bought a new Savage rifle, it is horrendous, absolutely disgusting. If I complain here, I will get opinions, but if I went to a Savage forum, if one existed, I would get pounced on.
We have experience with great customer service, but the new guy, it is just that, new.
It is hard to get a new guy to accept that the customer service will prevail, but to us, is so deeply embedded in to our heads we just assume everyone should know, but they don't.
Look at vixenmasters post about broadheads, here we took it at criticism, but if that were brought to a forum provided by the company, filled with people who understand the product, he could have easily fallen in to the "whiner" catergory.
Refer to rule #1.
I know what you are getting at David. But what brings a first time poster to the forum with a complaint? I think it's to embarass the company so they get better service. It's not always the rule, but a good percentage of the population functions that way. These posts usually include "I paid $xxx amt", so Excalibur: what u gonna do for me???
I know what you are getting as well, but what makes a long standing member rant any different than a new guys?
I mean, if he came here to voice a concern, and is nullified for doing so, what do we do? Do we stop making posts that are meant to single out a person or company? If so, this thread we are communicating in wouldn't exist.
We all have opinions, one person making their point by starting a thread to single someone out doesn't justify another person starting a thread to do the exact same thing.
Going back to my Savage rifle, new, crap out of the box, I am sure someone cares, I got feedback from the company, as well as other users, but the bottom line is I got a lemon. I want to hunt with it (doves) and I can't, I counted on the companies reputation to get me in the field, but no go. If they had a forum, rest assured I would be on it to complain, and rest assured the Savage junkies would be all over me for it. Just like the fellow who got a crap Excalibur, if that is what the case was. He didn't stand a chance, he was singled out and belittled, called names like "whiner" and so forth..
Just doesn't make sense to me.
For what it is worth, I typed all this from my blind, with my bow, and my daughter. I am here because I love to hunt, and I love the company of those who do the same. But some days it is like a school yard.
Sucks to see people get booted so quick when all it would take is a little guidance, without insult.

Our view

And our deer, that I couldn't shoot because "she might be a Mommy", if I didn't have my supervisor I would be elbow deep in a ribcage right now.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

yeah. whiners. Whiners get singled out pretty quick

Someone wanting help usually gets it. Sometimes a forum member may even go out of their way to help someone actually needing it. Ive done it. Never even heard a thank you from the guy and i dint need it. This place is one of the most helpful places around but dont act like a child and you wont be called out for being one.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

one shot scott wrote:yeah. whiners. Whiners get singled out pretty quick

Someone wanting help usually gets it. Sometimes a forum member may even go out of their way to help someone actually needing it. Ive done it. Never even heard a thank you from the guy and i dint need it. This place is one of the most helpful places around but dont act like a child and you wont be called out for being one.
Didn't insinuate anything towards you, I respect you and I make that clear.
But that fellow didn't stand a chance. Even though help was offered, the thread also held a lot of accusations. For a guy in duress, it is hard to see the forest through the trees, and he was put in front of a forest when he needed to be shown the trees.
Awshucks stepped up too, as always, he can solve anyones problems in the blink of an eye, but his efforts were washed away by drivel.
Just not fun to watch from the back row..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

I beg to differ slightly with your opinion/s....this gentleman wasn't critized in the beginning. Many forum folks were asking questions and trying to help him figure it out from the get go. He had already made his mind up from his very first post that it was being boxed up and returned, even before a solution or an attempt to find a solution was able to be made. I think a lot of people felt frustrated, because everyone's attempt to sincerely help....fell on deaf ears. He wasn't about to listen to any rational ideas and just blew them off without even throroughly examining a possible fix to his problem. I'm thinking that he came here to voice his opinion....even as negative as it may have been in order to vent his frustration with the situtaion he felt that he was in. He didn't come here to find a fix, but as was stated earlier....I paid $xxx.xx for this darn bow and somebody is going to hear about it......he came here for an audience to listen to his complaints and that's what he got. Forum folks...as is our nature here...was to try and help. It's all about human behaviors and group dynamics. People will be people when their caring hand has been slapped....they retaliate in many different ways. My 2 cents FWIW.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

When the person gets advice, who to call and what to try and they fight the ones who are offering the right help, it's like feeding a dog that bites you every time you feed it, here lately there's been a lot of this out of no where's someone yells help then slaps excal in the face along with folks trying to help, don't feed the dog and it'll go away.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

understood David.

I will leave it alone now. If theres one thing i have wanted to stress here its that Excalibur is not without fault, there will be issues. When you have an issue give them a fighting chance to correct the problem first.

This really should be a sticky at the top of the forum. post phone numbers, emaill addy's, whatever.. We as a forum do like to help but we are not the warranty department.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

lvt01 wrote:I beg to differ slightly with your opinion/s....this gentleman wasn't critized in the beginning. Many forum folks were asking questions and trying to help him figure it out from the get go. He had already made his mind up from his very first post that it was being boxed up and returned, even before a solution or an attempt to find a solution was able to be made. I think a lot of people felt frustrated, because everyone's attempt to sincerely help....fell on deaf ears. He wasn't about to listen to any rational ideas and just blew them off without even throroughly examining a possible fix to his problem. I'm thinking that he came here to voice his opinion....even as negative as it may have been in order to vent his frustration with the situtaion he felt that he was in. He didn't come here to find a fix, but as was stated earlier....I paid $xxx.xx for this darn bow and somebody is going to hear about it......he came here for an audience to listen to his complaints and that's what he got. Forum folks...as is our nature here...was to try and help. It's all about human behaviors and group dynamics. People will be people when their caring hand has been slapped....they retaliate in many different ways. My 2 cents FWIW.
That opinion is worth a lot, just like everyone elses.
Again, going back to brand new Savage rifle, I voiced an opinion, and I assure you, I feel as though it is falling on deaf ears. The company corresponds with me, they have a touch of "care" in the emails and calls, but the bottom line, is I still have a rifle that does not work.
Here, it means nothing, but on a Savage forum, if I do not choose my words right, I could easily be portrayed as a "whiner" and I will leave with a bad taste. People, especially guys, do not react well to being called names and being told we are not listening, especially when you are the one holding the defective product.
Me, I love to hear it all, it helps form the big picture, but buddy got shut down fast by every tactic an internet posse has to offer.
WMU 91
Boo string
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Pydpiper wrote:
We all have opinions, one person making their point by starting a thread to single someone out doesn't justify another person starting a thread to do the exact same thing.
Just like the fellow who got a crap Excalibur, if that is what the case was. He didn't stand a chance, he was singled out and belittled, called names like "whiner" and so forth..
Just doesn't make sense to me.
I am here because I love to hunt, and I love the company of those who do the same. But some days it is like a school yard.
Sucks to see people get booted so quick when all it would take is a little guidance, without insult.
I had to reread the other thread to see where name calling and belittling took place and by whom. Did not see anything directly as such.
The other thread went 4 pages in 3 days.

1..Only 1 shot was taken and the bow was deemed as defective from the outcome of that one shot.
2..Was Excalibur really given a proper chance at resolving the issue???
3..There are plenty of threads here with [not happy] in the title. Most happen to be first time posters.

You are right about the school yard analogy and some do come here expressly to stir up the sandbox.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Oh, I know I was right..
WMU 91
Boo string