Bucks are moving!!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lake shooter

Re: Bucks are moving!!!!!

Post by Lake shooter »

Politics????? Nothing but facts and numbers my friend. Very short seasons with very limited harvest allowances means fewer deer taken by any number of hunters one wishes to choose.

Back on topic as to buck movement: the higher deer per square mile in your area means that bucks don't have to move as much as a place with lesser densities to breed. Less relatively long distance buck travel correlates with fewer bucks seen by hunters..................................... and fewer opportunities at a shot! :wink:
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Politics?????

Step back a few years and check out Mr Gary Alt's relationship with the PGC.
There's reasons we have short seasons an limited harvest.
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Not going to argue with you about it friend, no matter the reasons. There are "reasons" for everything. Some good, some bad, some falling in between. Reasons don't change math. Just stating simple, proven facts. If you're happy with it all, more power to you.

By the way; I never said a word about Pennsylvania's way being wrong and Arkansas' way being right. Only different.

I used to get drawn into this kind of stuff but it's fruitless and only serves to raise my blood pressure and make me want to go somewhere else.

By the way; did I mention that the bucks are moving?!?!

Here area few more video link from that same card, same 5 day period. This little guy puts on a good show. You can see the scrape dripper hanging about one tree trunk width to the right of the tree.

http://s472.photobucket.com/user/sample ... 9.mp4.html

This one came in and is really checking out the dirt right beneath the dripper, where he also did his business!

http://s472.photobucket.com/user/sample ... f.mp4.html

This is one of the same bucks from the first two videos only two days later.

http://s472.photobucket.com/user/sample ... 3.mp4.html
Last edited by Lake shooter on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rayman

Post by rayman »

You used to get drawn into arguments? You are a walking argument my friend. You tried to start an argument with me when I had agreed with you and you are trying to start one now with Oppie just for having a conversation.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Whatever you say pal, that wasn't my intent, and I won't argue with you either! :D
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Here's some Pa "numbers"
Just over 2.4 millon licensed hunters. Pa State Game Lands system includes more than 1.4 million acres. State Forests account for about 2 million acres. The Allegheny National Forest has more than half a million acres, along with millions of public land acres available to hunters.
Hunters harvested an estimated 343,110 deer, 133,860 antlered deer, 209,250 antlerless.
My WMU estimated 7,900 antlered, 10,500 antlerless. Latest data for my WMU 3C shows that deer health is “at target” which means that does are producing at least 1.5 embryos/adult doe.

The "numbers" show, that's a lot of managing.
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Slick Trick 100
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Oppie, I have no idea why you took this personally because I never said anything that should have lead you that way and didn't have any intention of doing so. Still, I apologize if you did take it that way!

What I DID say was this: "Looking at your state's deer season dates and bag limits it's an absolute no brainer why there are so many deer....... and deer/vehicle encounters!!! :oops:", and this "By the way; I never said a word about Pennsylvania's way being wrong and Arkansas' way being right. Only different."

I stand by both of those statements. How can anyone misconstrue this as being anything besides friendly conversation? You and others may not like what I say but that doesn't make me wrong here, or a jerk, or argumentative. The facts are that Pennsylvania is #5 in deer car collisions and Arkansas is #9 as proven by this:

http://www.claimsjournal.com/news/natio ... 237673.htm

and this:

http://www.katv.com/story/23567735/1-in ... nto-a-deer

Maybe you took issue at my "90% does" statement. I may have been in error on the exact number and am sure that I was, but it was just a frame of speech, not an attempted dis at anyone or any organization. I AM certain that any state which has 20% less area, approximately 50% more deer per square mile, more highways/people/vehicles (etc.) than another state will by default have more deer/vehicles collisions. You are the one who brought that subject into this discussion and I expounded on it. No animosity or anything even remotely related to that was ever involved.
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Only thing I know for sure is tomorrow I'll be back out in my blind doing my best to prevent another one of those car deer collisions. No Sunday hunting in Pa yet...
Forgot, my daughter hit one couple months ago also.
Last edited by Oppie on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Slick Trick 100
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Good luck on that brother! :wink:

And did I mention that the bucks were moving......................?

Dave