Range vs. Soybean Field

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Re: Range vs. Soybean Field

Post by DuckHunt »

OkXbowHunter wrote:I'd bet that in your excitement you used the wrong aiming point.
I'll admit it. I did that Wednesday with my compound bow. My daughter gave me grief and called it 'doe fever'. :lol: My issue was that I was hunting high (~27ft) and the draw angle was a bit odd for me. When I drew back I was in the middle of my pins (20, 30, 40, 50). Since the doe was at ~25, I just placed her between the bottom two pins and let it fly. And fly it did. I tossed a 45 yard shot at a 25 yard doe. :roll: I should have placed her between the top two pins. It happens. At least it was a doe.
DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Aero320

Post by Aero320 »

I missed a doe shot at 40 yards last week and I had ranged it with the Vendetta (which compensates for angle). I don't know what happened but I found the arrow and it had nothing but dirt on it! Going again in the morning. Probably last trip out as next weekend the muzzleloaders will be out followed shortly by the rifle guys. Have a buck and doe in the freezer along with a tom turkey. Been a good season, time to get back to fishing though.
Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Flemish Dyna String
Gold Tip Laser III's
Easton 2117 w/Brass Inserts
Rocket Hammerheads (100g.)
Slick Tricks
X-Act Mechanicals
Leupold Vendetta
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Not much i can add to all this great advice!! :D
My .02 cents worth for huntin a bean field...a 300 win mag!! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Got 2 in the safe ! Great advice !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]