Why aren't the Excalibur broadheads more popular on here?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

Re: Why aren't the Excalibur broadheads more popular on here

Post by maine hunter »

The fieldpoints are 150. The axiom was my first one,still have it to. Your going to love it. Very light and a tack driver too.post pic when you get something with It.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
kingsdad

Post by kingsdad »

Thanks, I'll get a FP/Broadhead target for sure.
rayman

Post by rayman »

I shoot an axiom with all factory set up including boltcutters and have been very pleased. Don't recall ever reading anything negative about boltcutters here. I think it's more fun to talk about other products that people have tried and that's why there is more talk about other broadheads. :)
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

bobcattrapper wrote:....Out side of a little lack of a blood trail on one they both were quick kills....
I shot 3 deer with the Ibex and 3 with the Exomax in the past 2 years. All with Boltcutters. While they did die, there was damn near NO blood trail with 5 out of the 6 deer, and a couple made it in excess of 100 yards before dumping. All shots were in the vital zone, and I was disappointed with those results. Gave all I had on hand away for a song, and moved on to mechanicals - Spitfire 125 grain that is.

The Boltcutters flew just fine, but I want a LOT more blood on the ground (rarely hunting in snow) and the bigger hole from the mechanicals seems to do that just fine. The Spitfires fly just like my field tips as well.

Never tried the Excalibur mechanicals...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."