The rope cocker answer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

schrona1

Re: The rope cocker answer

Post by schrona1 »

Already killed a five point muley with this bow; I posted this so that somebody may be able to avoid this situation, hindsight is 20/20 we all know that, why not help somebody keep a hard earned investment looking like new? Just because you use an Excalibur Crossbow, doesn't mean you shouldn't use a Leupold scope, or a Red Hot Rope cocker for that matter.. You see what I'm saying?
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

Some people, A lot of people, simply remain silent, what exactly is your point?
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

schrona1 wrote:Some people, A lot of people, simply remain silent, what exactly is your point?
You obviously have the answer, so what's the point???
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
strum

Post by strum »

you right schrona1 I was a bit sarcastic. I understand 1,000 bucks is a chunk and even if its going to get some scratched along the way . it sucks to find one immediately.
that was a well done video and its a nice rope cocker too.
lets not get off on the wrong foot here. I apologize for my remarks and I hope you will hang around the forum and get to know some of us. we all love these crossbows and talking hunting.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
mndoggie

Post by mndoggie »

schrona1 wrote:Already killed a five point muley with this bow; I posted this so that somebody may be able to avoid this situation, hindsight is 20/20 we all know that, why not help somebody keep a hard earned investment looking like new? Just because you use an Excalibur Crossbow, doesn't mean you shouldn't use a Leupold scope, or a Red Hot Rope cocker for that matter.. You see what I'm saying?
And will scratches happen when the Red Hot Rope cocker is used incorrectly?
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

how is plastic scratching alum ??????....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

mndoggie wrote:
schrona1 wrote:..................
And will scratches happen when the Red Hot Rope cocker is used incorrectly?
I suggest that you look at the Youtube video he posted. It DOES look less likely to scratch. I've only used the Excalibur rope cocker, and it has been satisfactory for me.

That doesn't mean that another brand may be somewhat better. If the rope cocker didn't already come in a package with my bow, I think I would go for the Red Hot version.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

The RH cocker does appear to be idiot proof........ :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

awshucks wrote:The RH cocker does appear to be idiot proof........ :mrgreen:
Ouch! :lol: :lol:
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
strum

Post by strum »

Not trying to stir the pot here but out of boredom I searched around for internet looking at rope cockers and prices.
I guess this red hot one is ok but for me I see two drawbacks..
One : it does take up a little more room.. I like the way I can pocket my Excalibur one and never feel it. The RHRC may not take up much more but ill choose compact every time.
Two: im also a cheepo :lol: not really but it does cost twice as much.
I don't see it
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

I realize the average person doesn't really care too much about keeping a crossbow looking like a classic car, I get that; The only point of the post is that for 30 bucks for the standard version versus 35 for the Red Hot version I think that the extra five bucks is money well spent. I personally do not notice the extra half inch of length on the hook side maybe some would.. Again, this post is only intended as learning experience that I personally have undergone, not everyone is going to agree or even care, somebody might find it useful, which is the whole reason for having a forum, is it not?
Last edited by schrona1 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

awshucks wrote:The RH cocker does appear to be idiot proof........ :mrgreen:
I find it Hilarious that a person who makes a mistake is categorized as an idiot, That is a slippery slope my friend, you just labelled about 95% of the population as being idiots! WOW!
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

schrona1 wrote:I realize the average person doesn't really care too much about keeping a crossbow looking like a classic car, I get that; The only point of the post is that for 30 bucks for the standard version versus 35 for the Red Hot version I think that the extra five bucks is money well spent. I personally do not notice the extra half inch of length on the hook side maybe some would.. Again, this post is only intended as learning experience that I personally have undergone, not everyone is going to agree or even care, somebody might find it useful, which is the whole reason for having a forum, is it not?
With the materials they are made with, scratches and dings are rare, least on mine. Wife has the Parker cocker and it is a nice setup, if you like it, use it, no need to be beat upon bout a something so simple. It is what it is
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
strum

Post by strum »

schrona1 wrote:I realize the average person doesn't really care too much about keeping a crossbow looking like a classic car, I get that; The only point of the post is that for 30 bucks for the standard version versus 35 for the Red Hot version I think that the extra five bucks is money well spent. I personally do not notice the extra half inch of length on the hook side maybe some would.. Again, this post is only intended as learning experience that I personally have undergone, not everyone is going to agree or even care, somebody might find it useful, which is the whole reason for having a forum, is it not?
I agree..
what I like may not be what you like and visa versa..its good to discuss new products on here.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Oppie wrote:
With the materials they are made with, scratches and dings are rare, least on mine. Wife has the Parker cocker and it is a nice setup, if you like it, use it, no need to be beat upon bout a something so simple. It is what it is
Hey Folks,
X2, Leave it at that boys and Merry Christmas.
Thanks,
Raymond