Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Re: 405

Post by SEW »

Both the 380 and 405 have more than enough energy for virtually any use most of us will ever have. The difference is maximum effective range. The faster bow shoots flatter and gets farther out in the same time. As has been stated a million times, the faster speed is to increase range, not killing power. Yet, these threads always go down the energy path and end up with the same old conclusion that the faster bow is overkill because we already have enough energy.
It's about RANGE!
SEW

Post by SEW »

If I had a 405 and was concerned about limb breakage, I'd have the radius curved like the BD400 has.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

My 405 is just a wall hanger, I will never trust it again and I have a lot of my Social security money invested in it, as well as the money I got when I sold the Vortex.
I'm not sure if you have been following the other threads but the 405 is no wall hanger, we just had issues with some limbs being over cooked during the coating process. If you're concerned about your limbs give us a call and we can work something out.

Peter
steven in England

Post by steven in England »

I plan on putting my 405 through its paces as I also need to be convinced my bow in not a wall hanger due to recent quality issues.
Steven
Steven in England