NEW FORUM NEEDED?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Re: NEW FORUM NEEDED?

Post by awshucks »

this is an Excalibur crossbow forum and all of em are Excaliburs so lets keep talking Excaliburs :D
X2. Remember, Excal has been making the older style for over thirty yrs. Matrix for two. I enjoy posts/stories on all of them.

I think the forum is fine as is.
"Eze 18:21"
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

When Excalibur forum gets to where it needs to change is when the ones that know so much about the crossbows, strings, Arrows, Broadheads, Targets ect stop showing up....then you will know WE Have a Problem :lol:
The people of this forum has made the sport and art of hunting more than I ever thought it could be and I for one am just as excited about crossbows and all just as much as it were my first day owning one. If we all owned the same model,same color,same arrows,same everything it be boring as donky do :lol:
The changes we sit and chat about, the friendships we make, the other dumb stuff we fall into or listen to is what makes this forum tick and no matter if its good at times or bad at times for some of you (its all good for me)it should stay like it is JMO
onebighappyskittle :lol: and no you will not see that name again :lol:
Bones

Post by Bones »

The beauty of the older style bow's is a huge amount here own them, or certainly have in the past. The matrix series is basically a year old to us and new model's this year ! We all benefit from other's idea's, tests , combination's etc… Ask away about the " older " style and I would guess no one would care about the age of bow and be more than willing to help, with huge amount's of knowledge and idea's to try. Many knowledgable people here. Their all excalibur's in the end.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I've owned several Excaliburs for over 24 years now. Still own four, one of which is the Matrix. Of the other three, only one (Exomax) has a forward riser. I love my Exocet 175, and Exomag 200, so much that I've sold my newer Phoenix and Vortex without blinking an eye.

As far as my Matrix 405, although it's a brute to cock, it's a sweet compact bow, and easy to carry.

Even so I find I'm more steady and waver less when shooting off-hand with my "older" wider limbed Excaliburs. Kind of like walking a tight-rope, a wider pole gives better balance.

I don't think I'll be getting rid of my "red-headed step-children" any time soon. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

awshucks wrote:
this is an Excalibur crossbow forum and all of em are Excaliburs so lets keep talking Excaliburs :D
X2. Remember, Excal has been making the older style for over thirty yrs. Matrix for two. I enjoy posts/stories on all of them.
I think the forum is fine as is.
X3 People also forget the wealth of information available simply by doing a search!!!!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

i don't understand why so much fuss on the older bows; we really need to start one on SPAM!, they don't get near the attention the deserve!!!! :lol: :roll: :?
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

mbc4 wrote:i don't understand why so much fuss on the older bows; we really need to start one on SPAM!, they don't get near the attention the deserve!!!! :lol: :roll: :?
They are trying to take this one and looks like they are doing a good job at it :lol: I call them sponges when they profit or gain(or at least try) off someone elses dime
strum

Post by strum »

SPAM!,,,cant live with em cant kill em :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

VixChix wrote:I feel your pain. I'm in no hurry to give up my ol' Vixen. The forum has become foreign in many ways. :?

We need more vixChix posts. Lshasha (sp) too!
See, it's been so long I can't even get the name right.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Bugs too!

The women left us and now it's testosterone run amok!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Kegbelly wrote:Once upon a time the 'old bows' were the newest thing and all the rage, and that's what the topics were about. Now it's a lot of talk about Matrix bows because they're the newest thing. But a lot of folks have held on to their old bows even though they have Matrix bows too, so I think there will still be lots of posts about the long limb bows too. I don't think a separate forum is needed, it all still falls under the crossbow hunting umbrella IMO.
Well said! Sums the situation up quite nicely. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

The "old bows" are the '66 chevelles and 69 camaros of the excaliburs. (Excalibur built no fords) lol

We are running fuel injection now, but every now and then it's fun to run the carb down the strip just to show the young punks how its done, and its alot easier to maintain.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Too funny Neil :)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

one shot scott wrote:The "old bows" are the '66 chevelles and 69 camaros of the excaliburs. (Excalibur built no fords) lol

We are running fuel injection now, but every now and then it's fun to run the carb down the strip just to show the young punks how its done, and its alot easier to maintain.
enormous wrote:Too funny Neil :)
They only built one I've been told :)
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

enormous wrote:Too funny Neil :)

Ya young whiper-snapper!

(OSS quickly runs away before enormous has a chance to kick his a@@)