Mushroom help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hockeyfodder

Re: Mushroom help

Post by hockeyfodder »

Cossack wrote:Tough to tell from just one mushroom. Looks like Coprinus Micaceus. Good and edible, small but often found in large numbers. This one is well past it's prime.The general rule of mushroom hunting is never use a single specimen to identify them, and if you don't know what you're doing don't pick em. They are like messing with the wrong woman...it can kill you. Seriously.
Funny this should come up as I'm cooking a delicious feast for 6 friends: Tame rabbit, in mushroom gravy with wild-picked surfer shelf mushrooms, beer boiled carrots, garlic mashed potatoes, spinach/strawberry salad, served with garlic knots (rolls) and three chilled fine whites.
Please put a warning on posts that describe a meal like that. I hate reading them when I'm the least bit hungry!!!! :D
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Please put a warning on posts that describe a meal like that. I hate reading them when I'm the least bit hungry!!!! :D
X2!
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Consider yourself warned. The meal turned out great as did the company. My satisfaction comes from having all come together on schedule and as planned.

The secrets to good cooking? 1) 60 minutes of open bar proceeding the meal 2) avoid liberal internal basting ...of the cook. :mrgreen:
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!