Made my first arrow!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Re: Made my first arrow!

Post by flightattendant100 »

Kegbelly wrote::lol: :lol: Thanks for the funny comments guys :D
What kind of comments did you think you'de get from this crowd? :lol: We're all here for a reason.
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Hmmmmmm......... Where?...... What...... I just don't know about that Keg ? :roll:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I'm pretty impressed with the EZ-Fletch BTW, honestly didn't think a little plastic jig would do such a nice job! I see why so many of you use it. I've got a bunch of old GT II's I'll experiment with to get a feel for it, especially learning how much glue to use. I didn't use quite enough, had a few places that didn't glue down all the way. Practice makes perfect :lol:
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

Kegbelly wrote:I'm pretty impressed with the EZ-Fletch BTW, honestly didn't think a little plastic jig would do such a nice job! I see why so many of you use it. I've got a bunch of old GT II's I'll experiment with to get a feel for it, especially learning how much glue to use. I didn't use quite enough, had a few places that didn't glue down all the way. Practice makes perfect :lol:
Are you holding each fletch in your hand to apply glue? It's much easier than gluing while in the ez fletch. That way you can hold the fletch to the light to see if the glue has been applied thinly and evenly. 8) Also, after the fletcher has been opened to remove your arrow, add a tiny bead of glue to the tip of each fletch to add strength to the vane in case of rough passthroughs through targets or game.
Hank
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Kegbelly wrote:Looks pretty good huh?
:lol: :lol:
Just practicing :D
Alright, so where do you put the broadhead?????
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Try BluGlu from G5, very easy to see. It lasts for a few months only I have found. I generally get new bottle every 3 months, or sooner if I'm making a lot.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

hankenhunter wrote: Are you holding each fletch in your hand to apply glue? It's much easier than gluing while in the ez fletch. That way you can hold the fletch to the light to see if the glue has been applied thinly and evenly. 8) Also, after the fletcher has been opened to remove your arrow, add a tiny bead of glue to the tip of each fletch to add strength to the vane in case of rough passthroughs through targets or game. Hank
X2
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

No I put the vanes in the jig first, then applied glue. I went too light on the glue, was trying not to have it squeeze out all over the arrow. I did move it around in the light so I could see better, I just didnt use enough glue. It's a learning curve. Thanks for the tips!
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers