Rethinking my Montecs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rufus

Re: Rethinking my Montecs

Post by Rufus »

I have shot deer with two blade , three blade and four blade heads and even a flint head they all work, but i like four blade heads the best one more cutting can make a diff.
nchunterkw

Re: Rethinking my Montecs

Post by nchunterkw »

To clarify/answer a few questions...
Shot was flat as I was on the ground
Hit was middle body and through the shoulders as a tree blocked the behind the leg shot.
Forensics showed both lungs penetrated on the forward part
Deer travelled ~~40 yds.

As I say, if it only travels 40 yds how much blood do you need? I get that. And I probably am over thinking - I always do.

But I have not experienced an arrow shot deer having so much blood captured between the hide and the "rib meat" (for lack of a better description). It looked like I field dressed it in the garage.

Was that shock or what? Montecs - due to the design (60 degree blade angle) are not as sharp as BHs with a 25 or 17 degree angle. Is that what did it?

I still have several of them and will try them again. Hopefully it wont be raining and I can get a nice broadside double lung hit, so I can "compare" to deer I've shot with my Slick Trick 150s last year.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><