What brand of flashlight do you use?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Re: What brand of flashlight do you use?

Post by flightattendant100 »

Pydpiper wrote:Flashlight? Whats that?
Hold a lighter in the air and hope for the best.
From the KING of flashlights??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Small 1 battery surefire for hunting an a big knot maglite for everything else.
cevans

Post by cevans »

Petzel Tiki 2 headlamp. High, low, beam of white, red beam also, 3 rechargeable AA batteries last about 100 hrs on low beam, had it 4 maybe 5 yrs now, used it backpacking, hiking, hunting, fishing, as its a beater and works good enough for me. No need to light up the entire woods and let the deer know where your at. :)
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Only Fenix allowed in this house. Check out these headlamps:

-LD09 130 lumens from (1)-AA , small pocket light.
-PD22 210 lumens from (1)-123 lithium battery- small pocket.
-PD35 960 lumens from (2) -123's. SUPER LIGHT!
-HP25 Headlamp w/360 Lumens, Flood and spot, has two bulbs. (4)-AA. Great headlamp!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
bdog

Post by bdog »

check out the new Fenix TK35 UE.......1800 lumens
http://autumnbreezebrittanys.com
Wiles

Post by Wiles »

I've been using a Fenix PD 30 for several years now.
Team Matrix 355
"Go afield with a good attitude,with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person"
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Fenix P3D for me. I have had it for a few years now and it is terrific for tracking at night. I use a head lamp for everything else.

Now tha the technology has evolved I don't know if I would buy another flashlight that uses the CR123A batteries. I buy them in bulk Online to save, and the savings is major. It is more a matter of trying to keep my devices using the same battery for simplicity.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

my fenix dont last too long then end up having issues, my inova is ole faithful
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:I use them cheap maul mart headband lights that use 2 or 3 AA's. Works fer 30-40 hrs walking to my stamds n back. I use rechargables in mine, & its hands free

"Maul Mart :lol: "....that is a new one for me...yer killin me Mike! :lol:

Anthony :)

PS...Flashlights in my house (with two other hunters) have legs....seems the cheapest ones with little or no battery life are the ones that somehow wind up in my backpack! :roll:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

Two matches ...one in one out.... :D
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Fenix LD20. Uses 2 x AA and provides just enough light and nothing more. For duck hunting, I use a cheap chinese made headlight that takes 2 x 18650 batteries. Though they advertise 2000 lumens, it is probably in the 1000-1200 range on high. It lasts a few hunts (2-3 hours) before I have to recharge it. After one season, everyone in our hunting camp bought one. They're hard to beat for under $15 delivered. For deer hunting, I want something a bit more discreet.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
frisky

Post by frisky »

Cheap Chinese led lights. (free) I don't recemend them! :(
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

Duracell 500 the best flashlight I have ever owned and also the brightest I have ever found .
Its small and compact and only $25.00
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Fenix all the way. With 18650 rechargeable batteries, they are state of the art (unless Pydpiper can correct me, that is)

I like my headlight HP30, and TK75. As my eyesight dims, my lighting equipment brightens.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Fenix is without doubt always on the cutting edge when it comes to using the most current technology, then offer a variety of battery solutions.
I have a couple lights, Surefires, Fenix, Streamlights..
I use them all, but when I need to count on a light I use my Fenix. I run my daily light for about 3 hours a day, on and off. Has never let me down.

Fenix in the USA was once headed up by a guy named David Chow, though his company is called 4sevens. He has been designing and building his own line for quite a while now, similar in technology to Fenix, always the best LEDs and drivers, but with a different look. Check them out, Google 4sevens.
Fenix for me though. A good flashlight in my job means the difference between getting paid or getting stitches and rabies shots. I trust nothing else.
Edit to add.
Most flashlight companies will inflate "lumen output" as a marketing strategy, but the flashlight community keeps a close eye on what numbers are being used, in comparison to what the tool can actually do. Fenix knows that if it exaggerates it will be quickly caught and will face ridicule. They learned that early in the game.
Some guys take this stuff serious, like any following of a product.
Upgrading a 400 lumen light to a 800 lumen light does not mean it is twice as bright, may not even be a noticable difference to a naked eye.
Lumens are easily compared to decibels of a stereo. If you want your music twice as loud, you need 10x the power, not a double of previous wattage.
Anyone who has ever turned on a Fenix flashlight in the dark, at 400+ lumens always has the same reaction, "holy crap!". Even my older Fenix, at around 800 lumens fits in the front pocket of my pants. When I pull it out in front of a customer their reaction is always the same.. "you need a bigger light?". I smile inside, and tell them there is no such thing. Some scramble for thier Mag lights, others for 10 pound spot lights in their trunk.. When I push the button the room always gets quiet for a few seconds, then questions and astonishment. Keep in mind, when the questions come, and they always do, I could talk for days about "good better best", and I do. Done my homework on this stuff.
It gets more complicated than which way your hooks sit when you draw you string up your bow, but my electronics history keeps me in the loop.
I love them, flashlights I mean. I get that same giddy feeling when the power goes out as I do opening day of archery.
Testing the actual output of a light is complicated, not as easy as testing a bow manufacturers claim of speed. A chrony will will the truth. Same technology is available to light freaks. A bit more costly and math involved, but it keeps people honest.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string