Which mechanicals do you trust thru screen

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

j.krug

Re: Which mechanicals do you trust thru screen

Post by j.krug »

paulaboutform wrote:I do believe the Rage would be fine to shoot through the mesh of the blind, mine didn't even open going through a hog! :lol: :lol: :lol: ........I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Please disregard. I'm not trying to pick a fight. :wink:
:lol: :lol: Priceless!!

Fixed blades only through mesh screen. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Tom

Post by Tom »

SPITFIRE

A few years ago I did testing of shooting the spitfire through screen mesh. I used house screen just so I would not ruin blind screens. Because screens are not usually held tightly, my test screen was held with aproximately same tension.

The arrow flew true and accuratly. I did not test beyond 30 yards. l used 4 different arrows and different heads. That is, 4 heads which had new clips ( for hunting I only use new heads, clips, never shot). The target on the front of the arrow butt showed a still closed head, but the piece of paper on the back side of the arrow butt showed a working head with full deployment of the blades.

I do not know what the newer heads will be like as I have not tested newer heads. You should also test the head you plan to use if it might come to you shooting through a mesh.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Dand

Post by Dand »

I've never tried to shoot through screen.... Dont know why you would chance it.... Don't see how it could not affect shot. Just cut a hole in screen and shoot through the hole!!!! As for rifle. I shoot cross bow and rifle out the hole. Rifle barrel sticks out the hole and noise is just like shooting outside of blind. DanD
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Dand wrote:I've never tried to shoot through screen.... Dont know why you would chance it.... Don't see how it could not affect shot. Just cut a hole in screen and shoot through the hole!!!! As for rifle. I shoot cross bow and rifle out the hole. Rifle barrel sticks out the hole and noise is just like shooting outside of blind. DanD

...exactly what I did...a 3x6" hole...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ch312

Post by ch312 »

I'd never shoot any arrow through any screen. Intentionally increasing the odds of your arrow not flying true while shooting a live target doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

That said, what is the purpose of the screen on the windows anyways?