OT-What NJ is Known For

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

coolhl

Re: OT-What NJ is Known For

Post by coolhl »

Talltines wrote:
bubba wrote:ALOT OF YANKEES !!!! Smile...........

ONLY BY BIRTH, NOT BY CHOICE!

I will be escaping here to go south in the next 5 years :D

Brian
so you are fixin' to move to Dixieland...smart man! just don't act like a Yankee when you get down here.
make sure you never say "well, this is how we do it up North"...
southerners absolutely cringe when they hear that.... :wink:
norm
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Hey Norm....does that mean I can't tell my hundred's of "Redneck jokes" either? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

Anthony.... Your still one of my favorite Yankees, and I'd love to hear one of your redneck jokes!! Also like polock , and my best of all a good Italian joke.........NOW those are funny!!! SMILE..........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

amythntr wrote:.....Hey Norm....does that mean I can't tell my hundred's of "Redneck jokes" either? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony, humor is always appreciated. One thing that YOU will really find hard to adjust to is listening to a a full blooded Italian southerner talk with a pronounced southern accent. after 26 years down here it still is hard for my mind to process. but it is funny....you expect them to say "fo-getabout-it" and instead they say "y'all have a "nahce" day"....
norm
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

coolhl wrote:
amythntr wrote:.....Hey Norm....does that mean I can't tell my hundred's of "Redneck jokes" either? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony, humor is always appreciated. One thing that YOU will really find hard to adjust to is listening to a a full blooded Italian southerner talk with a pronounced southern accent. after 26 years down here it still is hard for my mind to process. but it is funny....you expect them to say "fo-getabout-it" and instead they say "y'all have a "nahce" day"....
norm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
njlungbuster

Post by njlungbuster »

StormDragon wrote:Which state Anthony? North or South Jersey? From Toms River up I consider North.
This is 100% correct! Us south jersey boys got it much better. Hey Anthony, you should think about coming further south. I've got my own rifle range and archery range both of which are in my back yard.
Last edited by njlungbuster on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Excalibur Micro 335
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

I moved to NJ from Staten island NY and def do not regret it!
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

When I hear New Jersey, I think of the The Sopranos :D Loved that show when it was on HBO.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:When I hear New Jersey, I think of the The Sopranos :D Loved that show when it was on HBO.

....One of my clients has the party store where some of the scenes were filmed in right next to "Bada Bing!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

bob1961 wrote:I lived in NJ until I was old enough to MOVE to PA for a reason :lol: ....
Smart man. I'm headed to America also in about 4 years. The only good thing about NJ is seeing it in your rear view mirror on your way to PA! :lol:
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

seabee401 wrote:
bob1961 wrote:I lived in NJ until I was old enough to MOVE to PA for a reason :lol: ....
Smart man. I'm headed to America also in about 4 years. The only good thing about NJ is seeing it in your rear view mirror on your way to PA! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

coolhl wrote:
Talltines wrote:
bubba wrote:ALOT OF YANKEES !!!! Smile...........

ONLY BY BIRTH, NOT BY CHOICE!

I will be escaping here to go south in the next 5 years :D

Brian
so you are fixin' to move to Dixieland...smart man! just don't act like a Yankee when you get down here.
make sure you never say "well, this is how we do it up North"...
southerners absolutely cringe when they hear that.... :wink:
norm
that is the least of our problems . Both my wife and I were not made for being Yankees.
We both like the slow pace of the south. That's more like us. People are way too busy up here for our taste. Loved the southern hospitality and general courtesy of the south.

I do have to say we both did escape NJ for 4 years while we lived in South West FL and we LOVE IT. BUT my wife missed her mom so we headed back. We were much younger back then and we always wished we would of gone back. Well it should be happening in the next 5 years or so.

Could be Carolinas or back to FL again. My mind body and soul is southerner just Yankee by birth.

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

seabee401 wrote:
boy is this true.

Ok I do have to give credit where credit is due. NJ does have some decent saltwater fishing. I have A LOT of salt in me and is one of my addictions. But we do have some good stripers and flounder/fluke fishing and decent off shore fishing too.
New Matrix 405

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Brian....I long for the slower life also...but having married an Argentinian Italian...my wife lives, walks and breathes for her kids and family....Also, in due respect, my parents are still alive and need us here...

....when things change with my parents, and if, and only "IF" her brother and our boys were to move would she consider it....she likes the warmer weather (Argentina weather) and I wouldn't mind New England....as we have been going to Maine, on vacation, for years....

....So it looks like, having been stuck in the '60's TV show, "Green Acres,"....I will be living in this state for a while, at least!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

I got an Irish Italian that also loves her family. That's why we are Taking them with us. We have been waiting for her mom to retire and it might be this january. Then it's time to do our research and vacation to see what and where we want to go.

But i am like you. My parents are up in age 81 and 83 and with declining health I truly don't know if i can go yet to not be an hour away to go see them when and if needed.
New Matrix 405