Way Off Topic.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LongCarbine

Re: Way Off Topic.

Post by LongCarbine »

I got my Christmas wish. My son came home on leave from the army , and we got to share a hunting blind together for the first time in 8 years .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
bubba

Post by bubba »

Wow!! Can't say it any better than Yankee Anthony...The man surly has the gift of hand to paper...As far as what I want there a few things that come to mind,But more than any thing is the up coming few days when most of my family will be here for Christmas..Thats the best gift for me..I know it might sound corny..SOOOOOO..... a new matrix 380 in mad max would be nice..................
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Anthony sure does write well, and speaks from the heart. I would bet that he could say a great prayer at the dinner table as well.
Have a great Holiday all, and remember to keep Christ in Christmas!
Nice list we have going here. :D
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Hey guys/gals...

...by the way in my human self if I am to be asking Santa:

...Guys cannot have enough things related to hunting and Excalibur (heck I need to compete with my wife's shoes and pocketbooks...and I only have one wallet),

... A Nightmare 335,

...500 acres in rural Arkansas (thanks to Steve-SEW),

...a 6 bedroom lodge on those 500 acres...

Hey, let me stop here before I start breaking out into Marilyn Monroe's version of "Santa Baby"...which would start ALL of the dogs howling in North America! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

LongCarbine wrote:I got my Christmas wish. My son came home on leave from the army , and we got to share a hunting blind together for the first time in 8 years .

...what a tremendous, tremendous Blessing for you LC....please thank your son on behalf of the Romano family for serving for our country so that we could even be talking about our love and freedom to hunt....a job well done....

...I see a collective bow of heads of all of the men and women on this forum to your son :!: :!: :!:

Thank You!,

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Like most everyone else, I have a lot of "wants" but very few "needs", and my family has decided to donate what we would spend on gifts for each other to a family with a 15 month old little girl battling cancer. The parents are both local school teachers and don't make a lot of money, and this situation is putting a strain on them financially. This has touched my family in a special way, since we lost my Dad to cancer in September.

If you don't mind, I would ask those that would say a prayer for the Williams family in this time of trial in their lives.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas!
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I to do not really need anything .but a new micro and a Harley would find a spot in my garage nicely .have a blessed Christmas all .Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

retrieverman wrote:Like most everyone else, I have a lot of "wants" but very few "needs", and my family has decided to donate what we would spend on gifts for each other to a family with a 15 month old little girl battling cancer. The parents are both local school teachers and don't make a lot of money, and this situation is putting a strain on them financially. This has touched my family in a special way, since we lost my Dad to cancer in September.

If you don't mind, I would ask those that would say a prayer for the Williams family in this time of trial in their lives.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas!
....I know all that have read this are touched....there is nothing more touching then when it involves innocent children. It could be ours, a close friend or a story we read...A place in our heart hurts for this child along with the family....It especially hurts more around the Holidays and even more so around the Joyous festive CHRISTmas Holiday which is shrouded in gifts, happiness, sharing, children smiling...

....It makes many of us wonder, "is there really a God and why me, this is supposed to happen to others and why does God allow this if He loves us so much"...I can share with you without going into details that Ana and I lived this with Angelica. I was very pissed at God to give us a Down Syndrome child who lives by a pacemaker till today....

....in the 18 1/2 years of her life God showed us there were no mistakes in what he did...she is the perfect one and "we" are the handicapped ones...

....with this as a backdrop I pray for Quinn, this young child with cancer. I pray for the family. I pray that they would feel The Lord's arms around them each and every day. I pray that there would be peace that surpasses all understanding in their lives. May they find encouragement in all that surround them and pray for their child.

....Lord, I ask that you give each and every doctor that makes up the medical team providing her care the wisdom and knowledge to attack this disease and provide, thru Your Hands, a cure...

....Lord, we know that You are the ultimate Healer, that nothing happens in our lives that has not passed through Your Hands first Lord....

....Lord, we cry out to you, for nothing less than 100% healing of Quinn...may all the doctors and everyone be confounded by Your miracle in her life...

...May all of the Glory be Yours in her healing. May you use this precious life and family to draw more to you and see the greatest gift of all, the gift of Your Son through her complete healing....

Lord we thank you in advance because we believe and have faith in your healing...

...as we pray this prayer in the name of Your most Precious Son Jesus,

Amen!

Anthony
Last edited by amythntr on Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Solid19xX

Post by Solid19xX »

1. Detroit LIONS winning The Super Bowl.
2. Santa bring me my Micro Nightmare early this season.
Micro 335_Black (Leupold Mark AR Mod1 SPR)
Matrix 330_Black (Leupold FXII 2.5x20)
Matrix 355_RealTreeX (TactZone)
Mathews ZXT_Black (SpotHogg Hunter)
Summit Viper SD
wabi

Post by wabi »

amythntr wrote:.... I want The Lord to continue to change my heart.... To help me in my many shortcomings... To make me understand more clearly that it is not my will but His.... To appreciate everything and everyone He has put in my path....to realize more fully the Truth that everything I have has been provided by His good grace...to always be willing to have Him give and take from me what He choses... .... Because He provided everything I have...and to give me a heart of gratefulness....

Thank you Lord!

Anthony
Couldn't have said it better!
When things are going good we tend to forget why and give ourselves too much credit.
wabi