woodmnctry

Re: DrStirrup

Post by woodmnctry »

How much does that weigh?
TKS
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

On the website it says that after removing your old stirrup and subtracting that weight that it adds only 8oz's to the total weight.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

TheBig1 wrote:On the website it says that after removing your old stirrup and subtracting that weight that it adds only 8oz's to the total weight.
....that is what he claims...the front rail cap (plastic) is removed along with the original stirrup and hardware and the new stirrup along with its hardware is added...although it is noticeably heavier...I have no problem with it...nor does it feel front heavy...but this is only MY opinion...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
TPM

Post by TPM »

My scale said 9 oz but close enough.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Greetings. WOW was my first thought. Looks different, for sure. I am interested in it. However, double "what the" on the price tag. $90 :shock: My main concerns are, How will it effect the balance of the bow and if there would be any problems with fletching clearance, in the guard...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
fergie

Post by fergie »

jody5252 wrote:Greetings. WOW was my first thought. Looks different, for sure. I am interested in it. However, double "what the" on the price tag. $90 :shock: My main concerns are, How will it effect the balance of the bow and if there would be any problems with fletching clearance, in the guard...
no problem with clearance of rage extreme 2.3" mech blades and 2" blazers on zombie slayer arrows.
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
SEW

Post by SEW »

TheBig1 wrote:I just have to say that I've never seen a forum like this. A forum that is kind, supportive, extremely knowledgeable and willing to share, as well as willing to help other people out in such a way of "Passing it on".

This forum truly emphasizes, whether realized or not, a great deal of Christian values through kindness and love of one another that every other forum I've ever been a member of severely lacked.

I was reluctant at first, but I am extremely grateful that I joined this forum.
I agree that this forum is outstanding! I've learned a lot here and hopefully have given a little back. I've found "Doug's Boards", primarily a smokeless powder muzzleloading forum to also be an agendaless forum. Some of the members here are on both boards. The fact that this board is sponsored by the manufacturer of the crossbow is impressive to me. At just the right times and with great finesse , problems, or perceived problems in some cases, are addressed by Peter.
I'm glad I FINALLY joined the Excal family! I'm such a slow learner!
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Well so far I've emailed the doc stirrup site via there internal contact email and so far twice no reply no nadda.

Not exactly making me feel all warm about maybe spending some money on something from them.

The first time was a couple months ago after boofest and I gave them the benefit of the doubt with getting situated and setup.

The second time was yesterday and still nada.

Got a confirmation for a email subscription but that was it and the way I'm unfortunately feeling right now I'm just gonna delete anything from them.

I don't expect a business to bend over backwards etc for me but at least reply back.With some type of reply

Sorry maybe I'm somehow the odd duck out on all this. Don't know but not waiting around any longer to find out
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

StormDragon wrote:Well so far I've emailed the doc stirrup site via there internal contact email and so far twice no reply no nadda.

Not exactly making me feel all warm about maybe spending some money on something from them.

The first time was a couple months ago after boofest and I gave them the benefit of the doubt with getting situated and setup.

Got a confirmation for a email subscription but that was it and the way I'm unfortunately feeling right now I'm just gonna delete anything from them.

I don't expect a business to bend over backwards etc for me but at least reply back.With some type of reply

Sorry maybe I'm somehow the odd duck out on all this. Don't know but not waiting around any longer to find out
Be patient SD, I met Gaston at Boofest and I can assure you he's not trying to slight you. I'm sure he's doing his best to get everything up and running while trying to work out any glitches on the computer end. He's a shooter and hunter like us. Give him a break and hang in there.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Storm, give the guy a chance , he is trying his best I'm sure . not sure why he is not answering you , probably real busy. it looks like he has a good product.
hang in there.
W.M.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

A few of their products are now available and prices listed. The cocking device will be available the end of September. Prices are now listed for everything except the cocking device.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:
StormDragon wrote:Well so far I've emailed the doc stirrup site via there internal contact email and so far twice no reply no nadda.

Be patient SD, I met Gaston at Boofest and I can assure you he's not trying to slight you. I'm sure he's doing his best to get everything up and running while trying to work out any glitches on the computer end. He's a shooter and hunter like us. Give him a break and hang in there.

Paul
Hey Ed... Paul is 100% correct with his assertion... I too had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Gaston at Boofest... I am sure he is just running crazy and that is it... On the other hand i'm sure he is not aware just how impatient we people from Jersey are! ....and please just don't ignore us!... :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Understand guys that I fully understand someone being busy and having their hands full. Without getting into it, trust me I fully understand.

However, after two months I think it is and no reply and then no reply to me just to see if he got my first reply.

I'm not bashing the guy but something might also be up with his system too and he might not be getting anything either.
I don't know

Elite Synergy; Krampus
fergie

Post by fergie »

StormDragon wrote:Understand guys that I fully understand someone being busy and having their hands full. Without getting into it, trust me I fully understand.

However, after two months I think it is and no reply and then no reply to me just to see if he got my first reply.

I'm not bashing the guy but something might also be up with his system too and he might not be getting anything either.
I don't know
I eamailed him a few months ago as well and never heard back then last week I noticed that my bumpers had cracks in them and need replacing so I decided to email him again and offered to pay over the phone since the website wasn't up and running yet. To my surprise he called me on the weekend and made the offer and I accepted. I'm sure he's just really busy trying to get everything in order and I'm sure he's had numerous emails about the products he's offering. I'm sure once everything is in order you'll hear back from him.
matrix 380 blackout "Reaper", nchunterkw flemish string, triggertech single stage, matrix munch mount, Rhinehart Block, 18" zombie slayers c/o big john
fully dressed in drstirrup is the "reaper"
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Update: Gaston called me personally this morning and after playing phone tag I got the chance to talk to him directly.

After talking a bit he offered to send me some stuff for my Micro which completely surprised me.

And from what I took from my conversation with him he's probably a real pistol in person. Straight and to the point but courteous and genuine at the same time.

Elite Synergy; Krampus