Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Re: OT - crying my eyes out

Post by agingcrossbower »

So sorry for your loss. They are family. :(
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Sorry to hear your news. Been there far too many times in my span as well. Always Stings as they are indeed "Family".

Hope this helps...

Dogs never die. They don’t know how to. They get tired, and very old, and their bones hurt. Of course they don’t die. If they did they would not want to always go for a walk, even long after their old bones say: 'No, no, not a good idea. Let's not go for a walk.' Nope, dogs always want to go for a walk. They might get one step before their aging tendons collapse them into a heap on the floor, but that's what dogs are. They walk.

It’s not that they dislike your company. On the contrary, a walk with you is all there is. Their boss, and the cacaphonic symphony of odor that the world is. Cat poop, another dog’s mark, a rotting chicken bone (exultation), and you. That’s what makes their world perfect, and in a perfect world death has no place.

However, dogs get very very sleepy. That’s the thing, you see. They don't teach you that at the fancy university where they explain about quarks, gluons, and Keynesian economics. They know so much they forget that dogs never die. It’s a shame, really. Dogs have so much to offer and people just talk a lot.

When you think your dog has died, it has just fallen asleep in your heart. And by the way, it is wagging its tail madly, you see, and that’s why your chest hurts so much and you cry all the time. Who would not cry with a happy dog wagging its tail in their chest. Ouch! Wap wap wap wap wap, that hurts. But they only wag when they wake up. That’s when they say: 'Thanks Boss! Thanks for a warm place to sleep and always next to your heart, the best place.'

When they first fall asleep, they wake up all the time, and that’s why, of course, you cry all the time. Wap, wap, wap. After a while they sleep more. (remember, a dog while is not a human while. You take your dog for walk, it’s a day full of adventure in an hour. Then you come home and it's a week, well one of your days, but a week, really, before the dog gets another walk. No WONDER they love walks.)

Anyway, like I was saying, they fall asleep in your heart, and when they wake up, they wag their tail. After a few dog years, they sleep for longer naps, and you would too. They were a GOOD DOG all their life, and you both know it. It gets tiring being a good dog all the time, particularly when you get old and your bones hurt and you fall on your face and don’t want to go outside to pee when it is raining but do anyway, because you are a good dog. So understand, after they have been sleeping in your heart, they will sleep longer and longer.

But don’t get fooled. They are not 'dead.' There’s no such thing, really. They are sleeping in your heart, and they will wake up, usually when you’re not expecting it. It’s just who they are.

I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs sleeping in their heart. You’ve missed so much.

Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

My heart feels for you. I dread the day I have to say goodbye to my hunting buddy. I think it gets harder each time. :cry:

Hang in there!
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Sorry for your loss I will lose my mind when my lab goes someday. This morning when I was tying my boots to go to work she walked up to me and put her chin on my knee and her paw on my other knee. She was telling me to stay home today and play. It broke my heart to leave her at home for 8hrs. They have a way of pulling on our heart strings.......

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Cool Curves

Post by Cool Curves »

Very sorry for your loss.
john g

Post by john g »

Man that's hard. I know the feeling too well.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I cried for the doderman . Cried for the poodle. Criedfor the greyhound.....on n on all you can do is love them as long as you have them n know you gave them a good home. N wen ur up to it give another a good home. Sorry for your loss. Lbj
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Buck

Post by Buck »

There are few bonds in life (if any) greater than a man and his dog. I feel your pain. Sorry for the loss.
Micro 335 / Hawke XB30 Pro- Excal Sound Deadening System....
Matrix 350 SE / Hawke XB30 Compact - Couldn't say no......
308 Shorty / Hawke XB30 Pro- Tack driver ....
Axe 340 Raid / Hawke XB30 Compact - ....
BryanGrizzlyohio

Post by BryanGrizzlyohio »

Shotnbeer wrote:Had to put the pooch down today. 17 years 2 months old. He had a good life. I'll miss him.
Sorry for your loss.. Had to put my chocolate lab down not to long ago I stood by his side until his final breathe. Held his paw an gave the most comfort I could. Hardest thing I've had to do in many years. But he wasn't suffering he'd get up to walk an you could see his pain with each step. I miss him especially now bird season is here. His last 3 years he didn't hunt but he walked my side. Prayers an thoughts my friend.
Matrix grizzly
18" diablos
125gr grim reaper razor tip
Stock string an a purty sling
Twilight dlx optic
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know the feeling as well, I lost my two shepherds last December and I took it pretty hard. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Sorry for your loss, crazy how one can love a dog!! Better yet how your dog can love you!!
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott