Brace Height / REDS...Does this look right?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: Brace Height / REDS...Does this look right?

Post by newbie »

sproulman wrote:
ehntr wrote:
sproulman wrote:My line on my MICRO 335 puts string about 1/4 inch..Boy these micros are bear to pull back to replace string I broke the string on my cocker..I took tip and got Paracord 550 at wal-mart and it did not break..
Doesn't sound right. It's no more difficult to replace the string using the cocking rope on the stringing aid than it is to cock the bow normally.
String cocker for removing string the rope was cheap and after 3 trys it broke...Paracord is just great ....
IMHO I wouldn't trust that paracord. Depending where it was made it may only have a working load rating of 200 lbs and you are again tempting fate.
Get some good quality static cord.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
sproulman

Re: Brace Height / REDS...Does this look right?

Post by sproulman »

string cocker for removing string the rope was cheap and after 3 trys it broke...Paracord is just great ....[/quote]
IMHO I wouldn't trust that paracord. Depending where it was made it may only have a working load rating of 200 lbs and you are again tempting fate.
Get some good quality static cord.[/quote]

thank you,I am getting BETTER on using stringer also I think I had it slipping on original string is why it broke..Last night I used it with Vixenmasters strings and it was nicest release so far cocking ,I am learning you do not need it TIGHT like I did first time I used it in fact its real loose and still have lots of room to take string off..