BRAND NEW!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sproulman

Re: BRAND NEW!

Post by sproulman »

Gene is right on ADF.First time I shot my Micro 335 I thought I had arrow in it..The ADF caught string... :shock:
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

L. E. Carroll wrote:You did really well with the package they gave you :wink:
BTW, how did you get 10% ? The Cabelas near me only gives veterans 5% :roll:

Congratulations on your new bow!

Gene

Lowes here gives vets 10% also then they had 20% also sale on top of it only 2 days ..They sold a lot of John Deere lawnmowers..
scope422

Post by scope422 »

Great xbow choice! You're gonna love it. I have the 355 Matrix and shoot BEE's and Rage 100's. Shot 3 deer with that combo this year. Do yourself a favor and get the rage practice head, shooting into hard foam targets will break the blades after a few shots. I find them to shoot almost exactly like field points. I shoot 20" BEE's and can shoot several different fixed blade and expandable broadheads to the same spot within 30-35 yard distances. 20" bolts seem very accurate and forgiving for many different tips you put on them. Good luck and cograts!!!
Matrix 355
Raid 335
Arrows - Yes
Broadheads - Sharp ones
CapCity 355

Post by CapCity 355 »

scope422 wrote:Great xbow choice! You're gonna love it. I have the 355 Matrix and shoot BEE's and Rage 100's. Shot 3 deer with that combo this year. Do yourself a favor and get the rage practice head, shooting into hard foam targets will break the blades after a few shots. I find them to shoot almost exactly like field points. I shoot 20" BEE's and can shoot several different fixed blade and expandable broadheads to the same spot within 30-35 yard distances. 20" bolts seem very accurate and forgiving for many different tips you put on them. Good luck and cograts!!!
Man I think I picked the right bolt combination by you're experience! Thanks for letting me know, can't wait to find them in my mailbox and send a few down range!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

You said you got a military discount . What were you ?
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Welcome aboard and CONGRATS,,,, on one of the best bows on the planet!! as far as extras, they may not be mandatory, but I wouldn't be satisfied without all the bells and whistles on one of the best bows they make. You will only enjoy it even more!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

Guys I have a grizzly cub and got some bumpers from Danny and don't hear a difference with them. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I have a custom string bumpers and it's still fairly loud. Any tips?
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

CapCity 355 wrote:... ALSO is there anyone in the Southern Vancouver Island area on this forum??
Not so much the "Southern" Island as the middle.
Port Alberni that is. :wink:
Not so far that we won't eventually shake mitts methinks...
CapCity 355 wrote:Cabela's screwed up and installed both the cheek piece as well as the anti dry fire onto my 355 without changing the price...
SWEET!! I really like to hear the Happy Stories!

Never even handled a 355, but the word from those that have seems they Very Much LIKE Them! I am certain it will serve you Proud!

You already noted Danny's Bumpers. They work - even better than the originals.
You will need the stringing aid obviously.
And as you will likely soon discover, there are a LOT of other considerations as far as add-ons! :wink:

Methinks your arrow selection will serve you well too.
I am not a fan of Rage's offerings, but have truly Enjoyed some fine success with 125 grain Spitfires (which I band before hunting).
And I have found my 380 prefers the stiffer Zombie Slayers at 18.25" for greatest range. Big John here makes every single arrow I shoot btw.
When, or if, it comes time for a custom string, you can't go far wrong with Boo. My 380 has never been fired without one of his strings on it.

Like the picture of the blacktail in your avatar. Back yard I take it?? :lol:

Welcome to the Forum. Feels kind of weird for me to say that as it actually feels like I only joined myself a rather short time ago. Lots of Great and Friendly folks here, and all more than willing to help with advise.

Cheers!
Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
CapCity 355

Post by CapCity 355 »

Doe Master wrote:You said you got a military discount . What were you ?
Im actually still serving in the RCN, Leading Seaman Hull Technician.
Did you serve?
CapCity 355

Post by CapCity 355 »

IronNoggin wrote:
CapCity 355 wrote:... ALSO is there anyone in the Southern Vancouver Island area on this forum??
Not so much the "Southern" Island as the middle.
Port Alberni that is. :wink:
Not so far that we won't eventually shake mitts methinks...
CapCity 355 wrote:Cabela's screwed up and installed both the cheek piece as well as the anti dry fire onto my 355 without changing the price...
SWEET!! I really like to hear the Happy Stories!

Never even handled a 355, but the word from those that have seems they Very Much LIKE Them! I am certain it will serve you Proud!

You already noted Danny's Bumpers. They work - even better than the originals.
You will need the stringing aid obviously.
And as you will likely soon discover, there are a LOT of other considerations as far as add-ons! :wink:

Methinks your arrow selection will serve you well too.
I am not a fan of Rage's offerings, but have truly Enjoyed some fine success with 125 grain Spitfires (which I band before hunting).
And I have found my 380 prefers the stiffer Zombie Slayers at 18.25" for greatest range. Big John here makes every single arrow I shoot btw.
When, or if, it comes time for a custom string, you can't go far wrong with Boo. My 380 has never been fired without one of his strings on it.

Like the picture of the blacktail in your avatar. Back yard I take it?? :lol:

Welcome to the Forum. Feels kind of weird for me to say that as it actually feels like I only joined myself a rather short time ago. Lots of Great and Friendly folks here, and all more than willing to help with advise.

Cheers!
Matt
Damn that elk in you're pick is amazing, where was that?
Ill check those spitfires out for sure, Im sure we will shake mitts in paths one day. Thanks for the help!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

CapCity 355 wrote:... Damn that elk in you're pick is amazing, where was that?
That's actually a Barren Ground Caribou - one from the Porcupine Herd that is (they range between the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge - aka ANWR - and the Yukon). That one was taken on the Yukon North Slope when we lived up there. Here's a little better look at that old boy:

This on the other hand is an Elk I took in Alberta a few years back:

I have been using the Spitfires for a while.
Great blood trails, short recoveries. :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
CapCity 355

Post by CapCity 355 »

IronNoggin wrote:
CapCity 355 wrote:... Damn that elk in you're pick is amazing, where was that?
That's actually a Barren Ground Caribou - one from the Porcupine Herd that is (they range between the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge - aka ANWR - and the Yukon). That one was taken on the Yukon North Slope when we lived up there.

This on the other hand is an Elk I took in Alberta a few years back:

I have been using the Spitfires for a while.
Great blood trails, short recoveries. :wink:

Hahaha I can't believe I called that a elk! Thats hilarious, you can tell I'm new to hunting :oops: Are you getting ready for bear season right now? I'm being tasked in the military so more than likely will only be able to head out once or twice but I will be trying my damnedest!
Cheers,
Nog
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

LOL! No Worries!

I honestly don't know if I'll make the bear scene this year. Major move coming up (a first in 13+ years) and have to head offshore to work (Commercial Salmon Troller) toot sweet after that. Maybe... if I get home before it ends,,, and She Who Rules let's me... :lol:

I'm OK with that, took enough the freezers are still doing alright for now. Still hoping of course...

Best of Luck when you get out after them! Hope you tag a Big Boy! :D

Cheers,
Nog
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

6 years reg . LS nesop on the best coast . :)
5 years reserves.
I got out because I wanted to go CD but we were restricted out . Worse life choice I have made . But then again I still have my liver . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
CapCity 355

Post by CapCity 355 »

Doe Master wrote:6 years reg . LS nesop on the best coast . :)
5 years reserves.
I got out because I wanted to go CD but we were restricted out . Worse life choice I have made . But then again I still have my liver . :)
Well thank you for your service, The RCN just isn't what it used to be... no drinking at sea anymore and cinderella leave in ports! Its been a hard pill to swallow for sure. :?