92 grain brass insert

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: 92 grain brass insert

Post by xcaliber »

So true. I have sold several dozens of Zombie Slayers with aluminum front inserts for folks using the 170 grain FOC Heads, and they LOVE them. Some folks like 80 grains in brass and use 150 grain heads, it's what you like, and are confident mostly, and practice with the setup you choose, that is really key. As the fine folks here say more times than not, accuracy puts the meat in the freezer, speed does not! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Long ago I read like on here that Crossbow experts were using over 500 gr arrows in Italy at their competitions.I use to talk to MATIHUIS long ago and he made front inserts dont laugh they were like over 200 grains I just cannot find them ...He shot small groups at 100 yards..They were made out of Tungsten metal...Anyhow heavier arrows shot much better out to 100 yds...I would guess heavier arrow will quite a crossbow down for Buck hunting that is plus...

When we shot light arrows with our fred bear recuve bows in 60s they did not do as good as heavier arrow to 30 yds ..Most were cedar arrows with bear points on then zewicky came out with heavier points ..
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

xcaliber wrote:So true. I have sold several dozens of Zombie Slayers with aluminum front inserts for folks using the 170 grain FOC Heads, and they LOVE them. Some folks like 80 grains in brass and use 150 grain heads, it's what you like, and are confident mostly, and practice with the setup you choose, that is really key. As the fine folks here say more times than not, accuracy puts the meat in the freezer, speed does not! :wink:
very true and QUITE on bow is big plus...Crossbow manufactures should belooking into making crossbow much more quite than we see now maybethey cannot...I was atbowshop and many are still staying with compound bows do to NOISE.WEIGHT of crossbows and able to get second shot off quicker withless movement..