Best String for Matrix 380, 405

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Best String for Matrix 380, 405

Post by amythntr »

kysdad wrote:I have strings from 2 different members on this site and will be ordering a Boo string this summer. Vixenmaster and NCHUNTERKW both make outstanding strings and both guys make great looking strings. I highly recommend them.

....see above also :D

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Boo string is only thing my bows wear.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I absolutely HATE these "best string" threads!
No one has helped me either indirectly (web site and reading posts) and directly (emails, PMs, and phone) as has Don K.(Boo) and Mike Hall (Vixenmaster) is a very good friend and comparatively close neighbor who has been very helpful also.
I've shot 2 of Boo's strings for 3-4 years, and they are just getting to need reserved after >1,000 shots each, maybe >2,000 on one of the strings. This is on M380&405(hardest on strings). But, I can say the same for my Vixenmaster strings. None reserved yet, either.
We live in a time period where there is a mindset of "best", of "second place is just another name for looser", etc. well, with these 2 string masters, and likely others, there is no second place.
Which string is best ? Likely, both are. Then, there are other highly reputed string makers.
There just isn't a definitive answer.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'll stick with mine, success, or failure is in my own hands. Same goes for arrows! :wink: As for all of the other makers mentioned, you will get a very good string from any one of them, and I'm 100 percent sure that they all shoot their own. As for who makes the most, Danny Miller, and Boo has been doing this for a long time, I'm sure he has it figured out, same for Vixenmaster. If it works, and you like it, you'll be successful.
The best is still Flemish though. :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:I'll stick with mine, success, or failure is in my own hands. Same goes for arrows! :wink: As for all of the other makers mentioned, you will get a very good string from any one of them, and I'm 100 percent sure that they all shoot their own. As for who makes the most, Danny Miller, and Boo has been doing this for a long time, I'm sure he has it figured out, same for Vixenmaster. If it works, and you like it, you'll be successful.
The best is still Flemish though. :lol:
Totally agree with Dan....Flemish for me is the way to go!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings