UNCOCKING THESE BEASTS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Digger

Post by Digger »

Hunting Freak, nice try, but I 'm pretty sure thats not recommended, if it slips you could really damage yourself, those hooks come off that string fast.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Hi Ya hunting Freak, man you's must be a big boy with strong shoulder and arm muscles. Us little fellows you know 98lb pound short build just can't handel that there feat :shock: I bee's using an old alum bolt and unload mine. I am a TRUE believer in SAFTY :!: and will also tell anyone that un cocking your xbow is a Image by hand!! :roll:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
peter p

Post by peter p »

I can cock my exomax by hand and I also cocked it sitting down with my foot in the stirrup and pulling the string back. I wouldn't want to cock it this way all the time but if you just fired a shot and missed a deer, I would like to be able to cock it this way so as not to scare any deer that are still in the area. There is too much movement when using the cocking aid.
To uncock it I use my hands. Pull back on the string and hit the trigger with my thumb.
bj

Post by bj »

right on Peter...most folks don't realize it, but uncocking it by hand is a whole lot easier than cocking it by hand...most often they don't do it right, or get someone to help them (mistake) and that usually results in a bad one time experience, never to go there again...my wife can let the string down on her vixen, yet she cannot cock the bow without a cocking aid (she's about 129 #'s and five foot nuthin'...don't tell her i said that)...if one takes a good hold on the string in the cocked position (and i don't mean wrap your fingers around the string as most do) i mean fistmeal that bow string in the palms of your hands, lift the string off of the claw, and trip the trigger with your left or right thumb...letting the string down is quite easy if you have a hold of the string with your hands and not your fingers...

just my .02 cents...

wayne...
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Only one way......................... unload it in a deer

Grey Owl
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

GREY OWL wrote:Only one way......................... unload it in a deer

Grey Owl
That will work fer me :!: In season meat in the freezer ....out of season bolt in a 3-D deer :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

an empty crossbow and a bolt through a deer would be the perfect solution, i myself aren't that lucky :lol: i'm glad i posted this and got all the good responses but still don't trust myself to uncock the bow by hand. i guess no one has tried the bludgeon tips? their cheap like 7bucks for a pack of six. i think it was striper that uses the washer between the field tip and bolt, awesome idea that i'm gonna try. thanx guys-------STEEL
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

sorry :oops: JOHNBUCK uses the washer method.......thanx bud. i'll search the woods for days for a blood trail, but don't want to spend all my time hunting buried bolts.----STEEL
Bunk1

Post by Bunk1 »

Hey guys, pick up a cocking aid and use it. I can easily let down my Exomax with one hand. Just string it up the same way, with the pulleys on either side of the rail. Take one handle in your hand and pull the trigger with your other, swear to God my 10 year old can let it down! Albeit, the fist time you do it you will expect to have your arm dislodged LOL!
huntingfreak

Post by huntingfreak »

YES GRANTED I AM NOT THAT SMALL(6'2"...250#) BUT SERIOUSLY IT IS QUITE SIMPLE AND QUITE A BIT EASIER THAN WITHOUT THE AID BUT IT'S JUST LIKE COCKING IT BUT IN REVERSE AND PULL THE TRIGGER EASE IT DOWN AND DONE AND THIS WAS DONE BY THE OLDER FRIEND OF MINE WHO HAS THE EXOMAX. TRY IT...YOU'LL LIKE IT :lol: 8)
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I used the method on the video once, and nearly dislocated my shoulder. Never again! I'm disabled and don't have a lot of upper body strength, so I always use a beater arrow and shoot into the ground.
Now here's a new one for you. In my state, it is illegal to have a field point in your possession while bowhunting deer. While I doubt I would ever be searched to try and find a field point that was loose in my pocket, having a bolt with a mounted field tip in my quiver would be a sure ticket. :evil: Here in The People's Republic of Illinois, you are also not allowed to carry deer slugs or 00 buckshot while hunting upland game, and you can't have 00 buckshot or regular shot shells when slug hunting for deer. Sheesh! Simple minds need lots of rules. :cry:
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

I've done it using th cocking device on my Quad 300 and it's still a lot to control.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

I use the rope cocking aid to cock and un-cock the Exomag...I beleive it is safe if done while hanging on and paying attention.

It works for me..

Deadeye
Blood make's the grass grow, Owh-ay!
huntin freak

Post by huntin freak »

BUMP :!: