Excalibur's most needed item

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deaf jeff

Re: Excalibur's most needed item

Post by Deaf jeff »

Mark Rainbolt wrote:You can send your stock to Dave at Wyverns Creations and have a accu draw mounted to your stock. It is a little expensive but it works wonderfully.
God Bless,
Mark

thanks for this info :!: :!: maybe there is hope for y25 stocks :?:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

SEW wrote:
Mark Rainbolt wrote:You can send your stock to Dave at Wyverns Creations and have a accu draw mounted to your stock. It is a little expensive but it works wonderfully.
God Bless,
Mark
Even for the 400 & 405? Surely, the design is for much lower poundage. I expect David W. wouldn't mount it unless he was satisfied with its safety. I'll call him.
Thanks,
Steve
Danny Miller has done some of these in the past also.
Not sure if it works with the newer style stocks or not.
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

I'd like to thank Excalibur and Jesus the Christ for the Matrix Grizzly thru 330 and the rope cocker. It just don't get any better.

Excalibur's most needed item is a better scope.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I'd like to thank Bill Troubridge for perfecting the modern day recurve crossbow bow. If it wasn't for him we would probably be archery hunting with who knows what.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Excalibur's most needed item is "YOU" to show up at Boofest....the last weekend of July! :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEW

Post by SEW »

I wish I could get off work for Boofest.

The Micro Suppressor (280#), the Micro Raid 335 (270#), the Matrix Bulldog 380 (260#), the Micro 355 (280#), the Micro 335 (270#), the Bulldog 400 (280#), the Matrix 380 (260#), the recent Matrix 405 (290#) all are over 250# of draw weight. These xbows represent a significant percentage of Excalibur's sales. That's a lot of weight and stress, especially for many of us. No back benefits from the spinal compression that comes with repeated cocking of an >250# crossbow. Some of us are likely doing some harm to our backs if we insist on doing what we can verses not doing what we shouldn't. The C-2 and other such cocking devices just make good sense.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SEW wrote:I wish I could get off work for Boofest.

The Micro Suppressor (280#), the Micro Raid 335 (270#), the Matrix Bulldog 380 (260#), the Micro 355 (280#), the Micro 335 (270#), the Bulldog 400 (280#), the Matrix 380 (260#), the recent Matrix 405 (290#) all are over 250# of draw weight. These xbows represent a significant percentage of Excalibur's sales. That's a lot of weight and stress, especially for many of us. No back benefits from the spinal compression that comes with repeated cocking of an >250# crossbow. Some of us are likely doing some harm to our backs if we insist on doing what we can verses not doing what we shouldn't. The C-2 and other such cocking devices just make good sense.

.....and the congregation arose in one accord and shouted a mighty "AMEN" to Brother Steve...having Scoliosis surely does not help someone like me cocking these wild stallions....I am with you!

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

What we really need is s crank that can be demounted if desired, left on to hunt with if desired or used with an electric driver if desired.
One thing I'd like to see is a goat's foot cocking lever that can be used at the bench.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

amythntr wrote:[quote="BrotherRon"]I am 5'4" - 155# - 60 years old, and have had back and hernia surgeries.
I went with the Matrix 310 for my first crossbow and am glad I did.
I can target shoot all afternoon without any problems and the 310 has no problem harvesting white tail tick toters for me. (2 so far)
I also have a regular Matrix riser that I can swap out and have a 330 if I am hunting in an area that offers a shot out to 50 yards. After about 20 shots with the 330 I can start to feel my back complain so I only sight it in and hunt with it. It only takes a few clicks on the scope to adjust between the 310 and 330 risers.
I used to have a Matrix 355 but was unable to comfortably cock it by hand.
....everything in the highlighted first sentence is ME, except i was born at 155lbs :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:[/quote]

I have a hard believing you are 5'4" when people say you need a step stool to get on a chair.
:shock: :lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

BrotherRon wrote:
amythntr wrote:[quote="BrotherRon"]I am 5'4" - 155# - 60 years old, and have had back and hernia surgeries.
I went with the Matrix 310 for my first crossbow and am glad I did.
I can target shoot all afternoon without any problems and the 310 has no problem harvesting white tail tick toters for me. (2 so far)
I also have a regular Matrix riser that I can swap out and have a 330 if I am hunting in an area that offers a shot out to 50 yards. After about 20 shots with the 330 I can start to feel my back complain so I only sight it in and hunt with it. It only takes a few clicks on the scope to adjust between the 310 and 330 risers.
I used to have a Matrix 355 but was unable to comfortably cock it by hand.
....everything in the highlighted first sentence is ME, except i was born at 155lbs :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
I have a hard believing you are 5'4" when people say you need a step stool to get on a chair.
:shock: :lol:[/quote]

.....that is only a High Chair I have trouble with....but as soon as you tell me it's feeding time I act like an Olympic gymnast and score a perfect ten as I do a twin spin gainor and land in the seat with fork and knife ready for action! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Hey! Anthony isn't that short..... he can walk under a table... but... :lol: :lol: :lol:
SEW

Post by SEW »

I believe 2 new cocking aids are needed. One will be stock mounted: ideally for the current and future xbows (Matrix, Mini, BDs, Suppressor) and the current and past (Matrix and Mini). The other, needs to be much like the C-2 but removable.
I realize that the Matrix series will likely be history, but there are many thousands of those out there, which will be quite a market for an improved C-2.
The stock differences between the Mini/Micro vs the Suppressor/Bulldogs can present a problem with an on-bow cocker.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

A higher quality, much more dependable, replacement scope model with far less reported issues than the current Tact Zone model scopes provide on their higher priced model crossbows. :!:

Maybe better yet would be the option of a bare bones package minus the cost ( $219.99 ) they place on the Tact Zone scope. :D

That could provide sufficient savings to equipt these performance models with a truly quality, performance scope ? :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
SEW

Post by SEW »

L. E. Carroll wrote:A higher quality, much more dependable, replacement scope model with far less reported issues than the current Tact Zone model scopes provide on their higher priced model crossbows. :!:

Maybe better yet would be the option of a bare bones package minus the cost ( $219.99 ) they place on the Tact Zone scope. :D

That could provide sufficient savings to equipt these performance models with a truly quality, performance scope ? :wink:

Gene
Wyvern Creations
SEW

Post by SEW »

Boo wrote:What we really need is s crank that can be demounted if desired, left on to hunt with if desired or used with an electric driver if desired.
One thing I'd like to see is a goat's foot cocking lever that can be used at the bench.
I think this is the answer.
Peter, share this post with the Excal design people. Thanks.