Can't get to proper brace height - puzzled?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tangle Eye

Re: Can't get to proper brace height - puzzled?

Post by Tangle Eye »

Sounds like good advice. I’ll shoot it a bunch more - no problem there. I have one of Boo’s strings on my Assassin and I guess I was expecting the factory string to act the same way which, of course, is unrealistic. I’m sure it’ll get there and will be fine. I’m gonna put a Boo string on there at some point too I imagine.

Thanks y’all.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Tangle Eye wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:33 pm
Sounds like good advice. I’ll shoot it a bunch more - no problem there. I have one of Boo’s strings on my Assassin and I guess I was expecting the factory string to act the same way which, of course, is unrealistic. I’m sure it’ll get there and will be fine. I’m gonna put a Boo string on there at some point too I imagine.

Thanks y’all.
No better time than the present :wink:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

My last string from Boo was put on as per instructions and was a smidge of 1/2” over the top brace height. After 3 weeks of sitting, was able to shoot it last week. After about 30 shots, the brace height was perfect! Not to mention an increase in speed and no more twange sound after the shot! 😉👍🏻
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

so how can a Flemish string give more speed ? not being a smart ass. i have *6* weighed them shot them all slower than endless.all from
a couple of members here. :?:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The Flemish Strings are faster on the Mag Tip models over the stock endless loop strings because the material was Dacron for the endless, and a performance material for the Flemish. When the Matrix series hit the market they came equipped with D-97 which is a performance material, and everything since comes with performance materials. Now, an endless loop string, and a Flemish string made with the same strand count, and material will be faster because it is lighter. I have found that the Flemish is about 4 FPS slower in most cases.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

xcaliber wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:03 pm
The Flemish Strings are faster on the Mag Tip models over the stock endless loop strings because the material was Dacron for the endless, and a performance material for the Flemish. When the Matrix series hit the market they came equipped with D-97 which is a performance material, and everything since comes with performance materials. Now, an endless loop string, and a Flemish string made with the same strand count, and material will be faster because it is lighter. I have found that the Flemish is about 4 FPS slower in most cases.
that's what i found but if some one makes a faster Flemish id buy it. :thumbup:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I hear you, but I prefer a more stable & consistent string shot after shot on the range & in the field. If you want to gain speed, two things come to mind. Get a faster model, or lighter arrows. One might break the bank, the other might break the bow! :eusa-naughty:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!