Five Dead, 3 Hurt in Wis. Hunting Dispute

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Makes you think twice about confronting someone trespassing on your property. I wonder if this guy was actually hunting deer or perhaps he was after people.

Post by Guest »

The guy was an obvious serial killer disguised as a hunter.

Post by Guest »

Make it 6 dead at the hands of this crazed Viet Cong. One of the wounded passed away tonight.
Who in the hell would use a 7.62 mm SKS assualt weapon with a 20 round clip for hunting whitetail??!!
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

The way I see it this has very little to do with hunting. I don't think this guy was even concerned with hunting. We sure don't need the bad press. Lets hope once things become more clear they won't report this as a hunting dispute.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

SO far this hasn't made the news here in DC. I have been looking for it on the main chanals.
cdngunner...

Post by cdngunner... »

Sixth hunter has died. Time to make it manditory to carry sidearms while hunting!!

Post by Guest »

Real tragedy :-( I never heard of anything like that - 6 people dead!

We'll hear sh!tload of stories...

I can only wager 2 possibilities:
1. he's nuts
2. he was attacked by the other party, intimidated by their numbers or
shot at he started shooting. Who knows may be they threatened him...

Leon
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

There was only one gun among the 8 people he shot. He was asked to leave and started down the trail and turned after taking his scope off and mowed down the 2 who asked him to leave, Then he shot those who came to help and ran them down to finish them off. Forget anything about self defense. Looking at the picture of the little crap, I think I shot that bastard in Quang Tri province in 68. Musta been a little off in my aim. Sure makes you think about what goes through a game wardens mind when approaching a suspect in the woods too. This kinda goes back to our discussion a few days back on tresspassers & obnoxious people/activities in the woods.
Shemp

Post by Shemp »

Very troubling story, Sadly this will give hunters a bad name.

I can't say that I was surprised when i saw the suspects picture as I am constantly kicking similar people off of our private property.

There should be much stiffer fines for people tresspassing on private property. ( especially with a firearm ).

The excuse that they didn't realise this was private property should not be a factor for tresspassers ( as it is their responsibility to know where they are ) especially when you are handling a firearm as the possibilities for bad things to happen are endless. ..... .

The only good thing that can come out of this is that law enforcement will start taking tresspassing hunters a lot more serious as this is the type of crap that can happens.....

I pray for the families of those involved.

Post by Guest »

Question: is the rifle he was using even legal to hunt with?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Per the reports he was legal :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

Lots of reading on this subject on;

http://trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread. ... essages=54
10Ring
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Just heard on the news tonight that this guy was called derogatory names and racial slurs...and was shot at first.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Woodsman wrote:Just heard on the news tonight that this guy was called derogatory names and racial slurs...and was shot at first.
No "WAS" to it.

That is WHAT he said happened.

That does not necessarily make it so.

Don't know if anyone is alive that can verify or rebutt what he said.

Irregardless **IF** he chased people through the woods shooting them then that goes way beyond self defense.

The truth will come out what happen. With that much activity the police will be able to figure out what happened.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Sorry thing about that W.W. is the police can sometimes stretch
the truth also :!: But one must keep the faith JUSTICE will prevail :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!