Gun Registry

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Re: Gun Registry

Post by TPM »

The numbers seem pretty accurate. Good article.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
I have a question. I only have the POL Card which did not allow me to purchase any firearms only to possess what firearms I already owned. Even though I was hunting and handling and buying guns as soon as I was old enough to start hunting. So with the LGR ( LONG GONE REGISTRY) gone can I now purchase a firearm from a Canadian Tire Store if I wanted one? Which I do not because I am totally happy hunting with a crossbow and sometimes with my 12 gauge Winchester pump for coons and porcupines that wonder on my lawn.
Thank you,
Raymond
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

No changes to the licencing program Raymond, so with a POL you can not purchase. If the POL expires you will have to get a PAL, the POL is no longer available to new shooters, but may be renewed.
The registry is just that, a databank of information for long guns, that is now gone. A Pal is required to purchase and posess, a POL is is required to posess only.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Since I do not hunt a whole lot anymore. I guess I will still not worry about buying a new gun. I hunt everything I want to hunt with my crossbow anyway now. What would the government know if people were to buy a gun from someone else anyway. just like the old days, :) .
Thank you,
Raymond
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

But with the registry gone who is to say you didn`t already posses the gun . :wink: :wink:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

My thoughts exactly Kevin.
Raymond
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Raymond wrote:Hey Folks,
I have a question. I only have the POL Card which did not allow me to purchase any firearms only to possess what firearms I already owned.
No offense to anyone, but how asinine is this? :?: You can own what you currently have, but can't purchase anything new? Image If you're already cleared to own guns, why should there be a problem with buying others?

Man, I'm glad I don't live in Canada! :x
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

The POL was brought about to fill in a obvious gap . With the Pal you had taken a course to own the weapons but they had to have something for the people whom hadn`t .
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Damn.
I took my "wallet copy" (photocopies) out yesterday and brought them to the back yard range, opened them up like a fan and drilled 50 yard holes for about a half hour.
Went to go see what was left and noticed one made it upside down.. On the back I seen "zero 200yrds, 300- 1.5".. It was then I realized that I kept all my ballistic data on the back of each cert for each firearm. The picky ammo they liked as well as lot numbers for ones that needed it. Oops.
Still felt good though.
My originals are in my safe, and they will stay there until I don't need them, right now they contain the serial number and model of my guns, and I may need that someday for insurance, they no longer serve any other purpose.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bugs

Post by bugs »

VixChix wrote:Soooo...... Anyone want to buy my Mossberg 500? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Anyone brave enough? this gun refuses to allow anything to come within 100 yards :lol: :lol: Does it come with a money back guarantee :wink: :lol: :lol: Maybe a new owner will break the curse?
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

That Mossberg killed a nice turkey at 20 yards . :)
CanuckBen

Post by CanuckBen »

Big58cal wrote:
Raymond wrote:Hey Folks,
I have a question. I only have the POL Card which did not allow me to purchase any firearms only to possess what firearms I already owned.
No offense to anyone, but how asinine is this? :?: You can own what you currently have, but can't purchase anything new? Image If you're already cleared to own guns, why should there be a problem with buying others?

Man, I'm glad I don't live in Canada! :x
For someone who is required to carry a firearm for their work (private security, armour car, etc) and who was issued a POL before they made the changes to the new PAL doesn't necessarily need to purchase firearms...possession doesn't only mean that you have some at home.

So are you cancelling your trip to BooFest or will Canada be good 'nough for you for a weekend :roll:
(still trying to come up with something witty and interesting to add)

Excalibur Equinox Shadow-Zone LSP
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Doe Master wrote:That Mossberg killed a nice turkey at 20 yards . :)
Thank you Kevin! :D

I also would have been toting the Mossberg for the shotgun hunt the day I shot the buck last season, but I accepted your offer of your scoped 870 instead. :)

I plan to turkey hunt with it again this year.

My plan is to eventually buy a Mossberg 3 barrel combo... they seem like good value for the money and would be good enough for my use.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife