TREE STAND PLANS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raven1962

Re: TREE STAND PLANS

Post by Raven1962 »

Companies are proud of their junk, around here. I'm in Central Texas, where even a deer lease would run too much, so I will have to travel about 6 hours, to my brothers' place. I trust my ability to build, I just prefer to find a good starting-place. Our stands will go up and come down, each trip. There IS a problem with poachers, up in East Texas. :evil:

Will also be building a tiny cabin, that will be secure for storing them in, while we're away. Cabin will be off-grid, so it'll be more self-sufficient than any weekender cabin that has access to power and water. Front deck and porch roof will hinge down and lock, to cover the door and windows. :wink:

As for using metal ladders, I was planning around that, with either folding, or extension ladders. Just not willing to buy, when I can build better, cheaper and to fit, rather than some generic one-size-fits-most junk that was made by the lowest bidder on the contract. :?
Happy Hunting!

J.L. Frusha
Cedar Creek, Texas
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

Wow this is an old thread! I cant even remember the last time I built a deck! Those were the days, go to work, come home and go in the bush. Good times.
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I used to build my own, but like others mention I now use a ladder stand. Walmart online sells a two man Ameristep for only $99, or course thats in the US, but thankfully I live 40 min from the border :D
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

I did the same analysis last year....store bought vs home built. I bought two comfort zone ladder stands with shooting rail for $79.99 at dick's. They take no time to put up or take down, are sturdy....no point in lugging lumber and dealing with drills and screws......
Squatch

Post by Squatch »

Interesting...thanks!