Any ottawa xbow hunter's here??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly-Papa

Post by Grizzly-Papa »

xx
Last edited by Grizzly-Papa on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too short to spend it indoors!
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Grizzly-Papa, nice place you got there on Constance Lake for deer hunting, no much pressure, so they get big.

I spoted a real nice one driving the east road of the Lake (pass the railroad crossing) and asked for permission for archery on the lady (Mrs. Rozo if I recall her name properly) that owns the property between the Lake and the road, but she preferred no hunting on her land, since her son does the odd selective tree harvesting in there and she doesn't wnat any possible accidents. So I respected her wishes and found another spot near FrankTown. She still has lots of trouble with trespassers, which gives us other hunters a bad name.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Hey LeGrand,

I have a friend who just moved to Franktown and has given me permission to hunt his property. He only has about 8 acres that's wooded, but the deer travel right through it to get to/from the cropfields in which they feed in.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Nice Mike. 8 acres is still real good if they follow 1 or 2 main paths no wider than 3-4 feet wide.

Maybe yourfriends property ajoins the one I hunt :D . Is it south of Franktown near the telecommunication tower?

Will have to talk about specific location of the two.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

LeGrand,

He's right off of Ford Rd.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Grizzly-Papa

Post by Grizzly-Papa »

LeGrand, the property I have access to hunt is a couple hundred meters from the public boat launch across the lake opposite the sea plane base and restaurant. It's all cedar and the deer yard in there for the winter. If you take a drive through there in the winter months you will see them by the side of the road.

Grizzly-Papa
Life is too short to spend it indoors!
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Grizzly-Papa, yes I have the arial photos of that place. Just left of it is the property I was referring to that goes all the way to the road that goes around the east-end of the lake. Real heaven for deer.

I did not no that there was also a public boat launch on that side of the lake. I believed that where the restaurant is was the only boat launch. I beleieved the other side was private property having access to Lake for themselves.
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Mike, yes I know of Smith Ford Rd.

Connects to Gillie's corners from Highway 10 towards Perth all the way (by zigzaging) all the way to Highway 15 near Smith Falls.

Lucky you.
Last edited by LeGrand on Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Yep, that's it LeGrand.

Actually, it's not too far away from "Gobble 'n Grunt Archery".

I've yet to go and check it out for myself, but my buddy tells me he see's deer right in his backyard.
Ontario Trophy Bucks