China is comming

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

RyanB wrote:yeah its sad when this happens but if you look into alot of other hunting products they are coppied the same way. I forget the company but there is a clone of a Rem 870 out there that parts are totally interchangable and this company offers the shot gun in a 8" or 12" barrel which from what I am hearing is totaly legal in canada to have if it comes from the factory like that and the barrel hasn't been modified or something crazy like that.

Honestly...I don't see these as much of a threat to the market right now as there are alot of cheaper bows out there and most penny pinchers are going to see the recurve X-bow for $200 and a Compound X-bow for $200 and buy the compound because of the cool factor and because wheels are better.

Ryan
It is totally legal to own a shotgun with any length barrel you desire as long as it comes factory made, there is now a factory made barrel for the 870 the is 6.5" long.
One of the big companies that spread this crap around is Norinco, they clone good selling equipment.
Norinco is a big no-no in the USA, they can not be sold there, so it is only us here in Canada that are supporting that cloned crap.
In the USA you would have to jump through hoops to own a shotgun with a 6.5" barrel, here we can hunt with it.. Weird..
Buy this little fellow in the USA and you will need to do a lot of paperwork, yet in Canada is is as legal and easy as a full 870 made for rabbits.
Tacky? Hell ya! But I would buy one in a heartbeat, just to own the barrel.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

For all the guys who buy online, be carefull that the bow your buying is the real deal. It seems these bows are excact copies. Looks like the camo may be a little off(hopefully). That may be the only way to tell
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

that last picture looks identical to Excalibur :? .....that makes me mad and im not even the owner of Excalibur :lol: