Xbow Kennys cusom strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Post by Boo »

ecoaster wrote:Great thread! I have something to do tonight, I will just need about 1000ft of dental floss :twisted: .
Don't forget the candle wax! :D :D :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ManX

Post by ManX »

Sure dear sumner4991,
yours are holy words:
In 1 hour I can teach everyone with a discrete manual skills and giving me all his attention the way to make a fff+, but probably all my life will not enough to learn all the secrets of Sir.Don Katsumi.
For me is really easy 'cause it is a lot of year that I make celtic longbow of Taxus baccata with a flemish string made of flax and beeswax like this:
Flemish means a celtic region of old continent and string comes from there : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanders
For matherial I have just 2 spools of ff+ and one of BYC Halo serving, bohning string wax, one cartel ( http://www.disport.it:8080/disport/face ... m?id=15666 ) and the walls of my home as jig ( http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=25635 ).
I have probably make 15 strings with them and I can do many others...
I think that my strings are enough for me, probably for the future I will try a leggendary Boo string but with shipping costs and €uropean import fees I will pay it 3 times.
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn235/ManX850/exorealtree-1.jpg[/img] ExomanX, Meopta 3100,[url=http://www.wolfszeit.com/images/WO.Mo.09-li..JPG]Wolfszeit[/url] scope mount, produce in ManX Factory spa: shock absorbers, 48 fff , 2216xx78 27% foc
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

hes only been a member for 5 mths..hes probly fishin..
Last edited by Hoss on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
mikej

Post by mikej »

i wasn't meaning that boo makes big bucks off a string i was meaning that after everything was taken into consideration i felt the prices to be way more than reasonable given the cost of materials and the time it consumes sorry it was misunderstood
Big John

m

Post by Big John »

Man did this poor thread get hijacked!!!
Last edited by Big John on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Boo

Post by Boo »

mikej wrote:i wasn't meaning that boo makes big bucks off a string i was meaning that after everything was taken into consideration i felt the prices to be way more than reasonable given the cost of materials and the time it consumes sorry it was misunderstood
Mike, you were quite clear. I don't think anyone thought that you were saying that at all. Don't worry be happy! :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mikej

Post by mikej »

way more than reasonable as in a great deal and not to much to ask. making 10 off a set of custom bolts is not to much either but another great deal. sorry for posting
Big John

m

Post by Big John »

Well sure, make me feel bad now eh. :oops:
No need to apologize. Misinterpretation only.
Soooo, how about this weather eh?
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
mikej

Post by mikej »

sorry about the way it came across john you are a good man i do apreciate your apology but it is not necessary. i re read my post and can now see how it was mis understood. i know what i was trying to say but i was aparently having difficulties wording it. :lol: basically i was saying that given the cost of materials and equipment needed combined with the loss of time with the family and the wear on your body that don mentioned. it is not worth trying to make your own when such a great product is available at a great deal and i am sure your bolts are the same as above. plus i could not make a string or bolts as good as you or don and not with such pride and knowledge. for the extra 22$ for a string or 10$ for bolts i would gladly pay it and have it done right than try it myself and waste my money screwing it up and then still have to buy one from you guys anyways. basically what i am trying to say is money well spent.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I love the way you guys usually work things out so well. Seriously. Makes me proud to be part of this forum.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
xbow kenny

Post by xbow kenny »

Thanks MPSNIPER for your kind words about myself, my strings, and my service. Boy did that stir up a hornet nest!
I own P&R archery and sport. i sell excalibur crossbows and more. i also make custom strings and arrows. Relayer Y25 #559 Kenny custom string
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

When it comes to string making, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

For those who haven't made strings, let me say, the price of the materials, is the least of the amount that a stringmaker pays to produce a string. Those who have made "decent strings", know exactly what I'm saying.

When I started making strings, it was as a favour to the forum members. Heck knows, at the prices I was charging, I wasn't doing it for the money. Even so, I started getting complaints of "gouging". :shock:

That's right, believe it or not after making all those strings, it was my fingers that complained, that they had enough nicks, cuts and "gouges". :wink:

So when Boo, so graciously volunteered to be the martyr, I promptly stopped making strings.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
mercyfulfate

Post by mercyfulfate »

I've had a boo string on my max with well over 1500 shots on it, and the only thing I've had to do was replace the serving heh. Very nice work Boo :)