A deal for somebody!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

EQUINOXHNTERVA

Re: A deal for somebody!

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Nice piece of work Griz. :D Let it go to a young hunter who is just starting. I'm like most members here "knife poor".
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I have to say something here. This may sound a bit cold but......................

I have not and will not give a knife to any young person that I do not personally know real well. If I did and that young person were to cut themself real bad, hurt themselves, or somebody else with it, I would feel reponsible since I gave it to them, I mean to no offense to any parent or young person. I know every parent feels their son or daugher are responsible but I do not want an injured youngster on my conscious.

Hope you all understand.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
strum

Post by strum »

DaGriz wrote:
sumner4991 wrote:Geez DaGriz . . .I don't even need a knife, but, I'd kiss you smack dab on the lips for that knife.

You all stop laughing, I'm serious!!

Damn!! That's down right disgusting!! :roll: I kinda think you just talked yourself out of any chance of getting the knife! :mrgreen:
i think if he trys you should cut him with it :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

DaGriz wrote:I have to say something here. This may sound a bit cold but......................

I have not and will not give a knife to any young person that I do not personally know real well. If I did and that young person were to cut themself real bad, hurt themselves, or somebody else with it, I would feel reponsible since I gave it to them, I mean to no offense to any parent or young person. I know every parent feels their son or daugher are responsible but I do not want an injured youngster on my conscious.

Hope you all understand.
I'm sure most people will understand! We have all been there one time or another. We end up trying to rush them so they can join us in whatever hobby we have. 4whl, biking , hunting ect.... :D
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
bcmuledeer

Post by bcmuledeer »

I guess that really leaves summer out! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Life is good, treat with respect and honour!
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

xbowking wrote:Griz , that is a very beautiful knife, i would love to have this knife , i would have it engraved with my grandaughters name & birth date , her name is Faith she was born on the opening day of bow season for deer in Ontario ,October 1 2008 i call her "my little deer", if i owned this knife some day Faith would own this knife. Some day soon when she is old enough to go hunting with me , it would be very sweet to be able to give her this knife that would be engraved ( Faith Oct 1 2008 "my Little Deer"). :D
Griz , if i am lucky enough to recieve this knife i will keep it until Faith is 18 , i would still get the engraving done just to bring her name with me always.
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Wow that knife is amazing. I would like to try it on a Bear hide this September. Provided the hunting god's allow me to harvest one.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

sumner4991 wrote:
bcmuledeer wrote:$25.00! :shock: he usually sales his knifes for 1cent and throws in a hatchet!! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. . .at least my offer was in the right direction. :lol: :lol:

DaGriz . . .send me the knife or pucker up. :lol:
Gee Griz, I'm a little taken back, Scott never offered me a big wet one for the stock I made him. Is that what you people are talking about when you say"paying forward". EEEEUUUUU!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The last thing I need is a new knife, but I have to say that thing is a work of art! I do not want to be entered in this giveaway, but it is a great opportunity to say thanks for yet again proving that there are good people out there!
I hope the knife goes to a person who truly needs a tool like that and will not only appreciate it as a hunting tool, but also understand the meaning behind it. Looks like there are lots of worthy contestants!
Good on ya Grizz. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

agingcrossbower wrote:
sumner4991 wrote:
bcmuledeer wrote:$25.00! :shock: he usually sales his knifes for 1cent and throws in a hatchet!! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep. . .at least my offer was in the right direction. :lol: :lol:

DaGriz . . .send me the knife or pucker up. :lol:
Gee Griz, I'm a little taken back, Scott never offered me a big wet one for the stock I made him. Is that what you people are talking about when you say"paying forward". EEEEUUUUU!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jealously . . . didn't see that coming. :shock:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
planter

Post by planter »

Atta Boy on a sweet give-away. Fine looking blade which means that I would lose it in no time short. I never lose the cheapo's but the nice ones sprinkle the woods. I can't believe most forum members NEED a knife. If I don't have one in my pocket I just know I have one within ten feet of me all the time.
Kids should start out with far less of a blade and work up to a thing of effort and beauty. When I was a kid I turned more than one knife into a fine looking flathead screw driver. :( It's a very cool no strings attached gesture. :D
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Why should I be gifted this knife? Well I could come up with several reasons. I could say that I've never owned and always wanted a custom made knife. However, I've got more knives than I need or use. I could ask for it, so I could re-gift it and make myself look good in the eyes of my Son-in-law, who's just taken up hunting. Since I neither believe in re-gifting, nor looking good on someone else's "nickle", that reason doesn't hold water. I could come up with other stories, but they would be only that, just stories, and we all know that most stories are "a dime a dozen".

So although I'd be proud to own such a knife, I feel there are members more deserving who should be bestowed with it. So feeling that I'm a good judge of character, instead of that knife, I ask for the priviledge of being one of the members who'll help you decide who most deserves and should receive this knife.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Cbear, what a nice thoughtful post, kudos bud!
"Eze 18:21"
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Have to post this statement:

This knife is NOT for sale. Never has, never will be!! Read the COMPLETE first post by me in this thread! I am giving the knife away. I consider an offer to buy the knife an insult to me to those people who have posted why they believe they should be gifted the knife.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
TPM

Post by TPM »

I don't want in the contest (I have a of skinning knife already that I love), I just wanted to say that's a beautiful one that you made and I think it's great that you're offering this way.
BTW, I love your signature line. That's one of my favourite movies of all time.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger