I'm Gone

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

Re: I'm Gone

Post by Cossack »

Sorry you feel you have to do that Darrel, it's our loss. Illigitimus non carborundum tatum.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Bummer, those threads were fun to watch.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I received several emails about all the support I received on this thread so I showed up to read it. Now I have a couple of things to say

First of all I deeply appreciate all the support. Thanks a lot people. You're a great bunch of people.

There is not any posting by any person that pushed me over the edge to leave No body said anything on the fourm threads to irritate me that bad.

I will not make public the names of those who sent me hate emails and PM's. Nor will I report them to Peter. It has nothing to do with the forum. It's all personal attack, for what ever reason, and I chose to let it go.
It was not one single person , but several and many emails , etc.

I finally decided I don't need the aggravation so I'm leaving.
I will miss the good people here. I had lots of fun with the knife give a ways and the opportunity to sell a few of my knives to a few really great and generous people.

If any of you good people have a interest in my upcoming knives you can contact me by email. I don't want to seem cynical but if your not sincere don't waste my time.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Well, I hope whatever words were use by this person or persons feels real satified with themselves. I am starting to feel Darrels dread of this knit picking forum to. :(
Boo

Post by Boo »

Darrel, there more good people than bad. Please reconsider at a later date so than the many can benefit from the finest knife maker that ever posted on this forum.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

dagriz, i surely wished that one day i could earn the right to purchase one of your creations !!! i have told many in this part of the country of your knife making. and many people have turned an ear-up to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope you will reconsider your leaving... as many here do !!!
we hope you will........... :)
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I too agree with the people who posts fill this thread. There is nothing that I can say that has not already been said. I think you are one of the best contributors on this forum and that a bunch of Son of a Bitches are running you away. hopefully you will change your mind.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

I'm sorry to hear this! As others have said, take a break from the forum and come back later. Sad to see you go!
Crispy
diesel

Post by diesel »

So sorry to see this happen again. I just started coming back again and see this. Sure is a shame . Seem like this Forum has a plague. :(
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Griz i think you have more friends than a-holes here so please think it over and stay ..Please stay for your friends and the heck with the ones that sent you hate mail
Dash

Post by Dash »

I don't know whats been said that has got to you Da griz. But you have to treat these negative emails like water off a ducks back. Its obvious the large majority of people here like your input to the forum. And like many people here, I love to see your different knifes and what project you do next.
Outside this forum you will still come across that negative critisizing element in society, that do nothing but suck other peoples energy. Stuff em. Keep doing what you do mate.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Dash wrote:I don't know whats been said that has got to you Da griz. But you have to treat these negative emails like water off a ducks back.
I couldn't agree more!! That is actually what makes this forum a great place, the diversity of the people and their views.

We are getting to be a bigger community . . .heck, all over the world! We are not all going to see eye to eye. We will never all agree 100% on an issue. And that, is what makes this place great.

There are often several ways to approach a problem and possibility more than one solution. What works for one, may not work for someone else.

I refuse to use the friend and foe button. I may not personally like someone and I don't need to be buddies with everyone. However, since I've been a member here, there have been solutions posted from guys that I'd have never thought would have had the solution. I have also completely changed my views about some members after "getting to know them" by reading their posts. Finally, I have actually changed my way of thinking a time or two because of posts that I'd probably missed if I had used those buttons. Regardless of the member is an arse or not, he might have a lot of crossbow hunting knowledge. Maybe not always the best at communicating from a keyboard. It's just impossible to keep an open mind of learning if you refuse to entertain all possibilities.

Anyway . . .it's hard to be thin skinned on internet forums. Too many times things are taken out of context because of the lack of typing skills(I have that issue, big time). Overall, we have a super group of people here and we will continue to demand respect and keep a clean house, as always.

DaGriz . . .I hope you continue to visit the forum and if you have an answer, please post it.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

You know Scott, I kinda disagree. If Darrel doesn't feel comfortable he should take a holiday. Darrel was not here to learn he was here only to contribute so why go to a forum that stresses you?
There is someone here that was flaming me and others that I associate with as well as another member that said nice things about my strings. I ignored the flames for a long time but I got fed up and reported it to Bill and now that person is at the door to hyperspace. I will take great pleasure when gets the boot for doing the same thing. Darrel should report this as this person has no place here. He/she belongs in second place next to the hyperspace door!
Darrel is such a nice guy that he still intends to still build a few knives and make them available to members here by proxy.
Who ever treats Darrel with any disrespect should be ashamed of themselves and I take exception to this happening. I hope you run out of bitter pills and find a large supply of spam enlargement pills. :evil:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

Well said BOO
I am a hunter and proud of it.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

DaGriz wrote:I will not make public the names of those who sent me hate emails and PM's. Nor will I report them to Peter. It has nothing to do with the forum. It's all personal attack, for what ever reason, and I chose to let it go.
It was not one single person , but several and many emails , etc.
That's a bummer Darryl, your threads kept things interesting while hunting season winded down. I have total respect for your decision not to be a tattle tale and put the names out for public discrimination.(wish you would though :D ) Burdening the Excalibur staff (and president) with our sorrows is childish and counter productive. The "I am telling mommy!" approach never sat well with me. I can not fathom how a person could say anything negative about what you have done, it has been nothing short of admiral generosity.
I also have a hard time understanding how people can use a "PM" as a method of communication, I understand that there are things that need to be kept off the main forum, but the complete lack of nads that comes with a spineless person who can't just speak their mind astonishes me. You have proven to stand above most others with your generosity and more importantly your dignity to stand up for what you believe in.
I don't like your decision to leave, but I certainly respect it.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string