New trigger system

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Horizontal Hunter

Re: New trigger system

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I wouldn't a trigger that light on a hunting weapon anymore than I would want it on a self defense handgun.

Punching holes in paper would be a different story.

JMO,

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Newtrigger

Post by Newtrigger »

Horizontal Hunter wrote:I wouldn't a trigger that light on a hunting weapon anymore than I would want it on a self defense handgun.

JMO,

Bob

The operating word is adjustable!!! a couple turns on a screw and you can have a 5lbs trigger if you so desire.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Newtrigger wrote:
Horizontal Hunter wrote:I wouldn't a trigger that light on a hunting weapon anymore than I would want it on a self defense handgun.

JMO,

Bob

The operating word is adjustable!!! a couple turns on a screw and you can have a 5lbs trigger if you so desire.
I missed your last post. We posted within a few minutes of each other.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Boo

Post by Boo »

If you look at "common" custom drop in trigger units they run as low as $125.00 USD. For that reason $200 is not going to fly.
FYI, a crossbow has 4 identifiable hazards in an AD, 2 limbs, one string and the projectile which both a firearm and a crossbow have in common which makes a crossbow more dangerous than a firearm on an AD. For that reason, I would suggest that you offer 2 different trigger units. One for the fussy people who will shoot only under controlled conditions like a range and one for the hunter that has more creep and a higher low range of adjustment.
Keep in mind that a trigger unit in a 225 lb bow is going to be bizarrely light on a 150 lb bow!
We actually rely on the "excess" creep and weight to keep us safe when hunting. With gloves on the hazards from a light and low creep trigger is tremendous. I know what you said about adjustable but!!!! What if???
I'd like to suggest that you reassess your business concept but then that is possibly why you are asking us.
It would be interesting to know your background and total knowledge on crossbows, specifically with Excalibur bows.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

very satisfy with the excalibur trigger.with a lot of practice and conccentration you wont feel the triger pull
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I would be willing to do some field testing on the new trigger with my Vortex & report back to the group with my findings...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I'm very satisfied with the trigger on my excal's (stock) :D
When it come's to accuracy it's more me than the x-bow!! :mrgreen: I'm with the folks on this one...not worth the 200 bucks.
As was previously stated by bellrivercrossbower have you considered a completely independent tester of your product? There are several members on this forum who are more than qualified to give you a honest and fair opinion of your product.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

a good reply mate but l cant wait for you to explain the 400 lb test, l have my own theory on how it should be done but waiting for your result..
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
badredbird

Post by badredbird »

sounds inteesting, but 200 is steep, if you do polish the oem stock trigger it is smooth, if ya could make it more economically feasible you might have something there , i could afford a 200 trigger but it had better be something special , but most in this economy cant or wont, , i dont know of many trigger failures , does anybody know had or heard of a factory trigger failing or any issues?sumner is right , polish that factory trigger and its pretty smooth
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

My 1st love was benching rifles. Itty bitty groups a long ways away. Enter Excal xbows into my life.

My best benched groups to date, have been 1" to 1.5" at 50 yds for 5 shots. W/ stock trigger.

You asked for feedback, here's mine. I don't think this dog will hunt.
"Eze 18:21"
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

My thinking is for a few hundred more bucks or so i could have another crossbow,or money to pimp out another one with the nice things such as munch mounts,custom strings,tripod,changing the color or a new scope.
Now pass the popcorn Wheelie :wink:
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Your idea is sound but the price will hold you back due to the low volume of sales in the hunting community.
I am sure there is a market for your trigger I would get in touch with Target shooting groups where customized triggers would be essential to keeping the edge to stay on top.
Price is less likely to be a concern in that area as shooter's have sponsors and can justify the prices you quoted.

Good luck in your endeavor

If you do need some RD done contact Boo directly he is one of the most knowledgeable guys I know for crossbow triggers.I am sure he would be constructive with any info he could give.
Tenpoint Matrix
wabi

Post by wabi »

The first question is the obvious one. Is there a need for this trigger?
For the serious competitive target/3-D shooting crowd it would probably be a very good addition to their crossbow. Many people do not realize how much a good trigger can improve accuracy, but a serious competitor probably would recognize the advantage it could/would give.

I believe you can already judge from the feedback that for the "hunting" segment of the potential market here it would be a very low demand item. For the "competition" shooters it may create a limited interest.

If a aftermarket product would be available for around 200$ would you buy one?
Sorry to say, I'm just not into target competition. For my crossbow use (hunting and limited non-competitive (personal practice) target shooting) it would be far out of the financial range I'd consider for "accessories" for my crossbow in today's financial climate.
I am fortunate in the fact the Excalibur I use for hunting has an excellent trigger from the factory. I have owned a few Excaliburs, and I know trigger quality can vary quite a bit on production models, but my Phoenix trigger has very little creep and fairly light pull, so I see no real need to upgrade. I have even declined an offer to have it "polished & tuned" as it is very adequate as-is, and in my opinion there is no real need to go through the effort of removing it from the bow and spending the money to ship it for those services when it works fine for me now. :shock:

But I should add,
I'm also one of those people who haven't bought after-market products like quiver mounts, silencing devices (I did try the STS and sold it after I tried it :roll: ), scope covers, lens caps, etc.
I even removed the DBs from my Phoenix as I saw no advantage to the slight noise reduction vs the weight addition for hunting use.
With the cost of corn today, I can use every dollar I save from not buying accessories to keep the feeder filled come deer season, and that does result in a noticeable advantage to putting meat on the table! :lol:
wabi
doublelung911

Post by doublelung911 »

Do you have insurance?????????????
They're there if you can get em'
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I love adjustable triggers! I am interested, but not at a $200 price point. I can, and have dreamed up a thousand uses and benefits for an adjustable trigger on my crossbow.
If you get the price down you will find there a tremendous amount of people here who would be interested, not many are going to post in this thread though. A large chunk of the members here go quiet on topics like this because they know it is just gonna turn in to a circus, but there are a lot of us who would appreciate more information. Cost is going to be an issue for many, but having an adjustable trigger isn't for everyone either, small market, but supportive.
Don't sweat the whole liability/insurance thing, there are lots of people who take products and services that can have a detrimental affect on a shooter or bystanders and none of them carry separate insurance for the product or service.
Welcome to the forum, and don't let anyone bully you away from your goal.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string