Safety harness

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

Re: Safety harness

Post by strum »

got it..yep i have looked at em before ..i think there are great. a little more money but you get what you pay for huh?..I do like the fact that you can repack it and use it over and over..wouldnt it be cool if it would reel you up to the stand too :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

strum wrote:i cant get the link to work cossack is it all there?
Google Rescue One safety system. Let's you down with a controlled brake.
Costs around $200.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
vh64

Post by vh64 »

I got one a few weeks ago and I practiced with it. Perfect for my situation. Got any questions I'll try and answer them
Love my VORTEX !!!!!
vh64

Post by vh64 »

Oh the company is called Mountaineer sports.
Love my VORTEX !!!!!
strum

Post by strum »

vh64 wrote:I got one a few weeks ago and I practiced with it. Perfect for my situation. Got any questions I'll try and answer them
how do you repack it ?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
vh64

Post by vh64 »

Strum, in the storage area there are elastic loops in rows at each side. The rope is laid flat in a serpentine fashion or coarses. The elastic just holds it in place so it's flat and orderly while in storage. To repack you lay the system on the floor with the rope stretched out like you were hanging ,grab the rope at the harness walk to the other end to get any twists out then at the bottom of the harness in the storage area you start zigzaging the rope flat taking the bend at each side and tucking it into the elastic holder. When you get to the top you replace the pin and the rope is looped around it. The rope also goes through a Kevlar break but the rope doesn't come out of this it's always in it. I'm not a great explainer but it is really easy to do. If you have any questions whatsoever just ask. It really is a cool system.
Love my VORTEX !!!!!
strum

Post by strum »

Cossack ,VH64 Thats a neat set up ..i just got my HSS Pro series today and i realy like it..buttt..if i were to buy another i would seriously look into the CDS..i think if it were advertized a bit more it would end up out selling all the others..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
vh64

Post by vh64 »

At mountaineer sports web site Dr. Wood talks about suspension trauma and the after effects from hanging. Like not laying down for 30-40 minutes, how dangerous single belts are, everyone that uses a safety system needs to read this. Information gotta love it.
Love my VORTEX !!!!!
strum

Post by strum »

i read all that and the only thing that i keep wondering is..
if i fall and am hanging why then can i not just climb back up using the steps already in my tree.. im not saying that suspension trauma is not a real danger but they all make a big whoop about it like you cant get out of your situation,,,
I feel im very capable of rescusing myself in the event of a fall ..unless im injured in some way..i dont see myself just hanging there..
that said im gonna do some hang tests to find out what to do if i do fall.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
vh64

Post by vh64 »

Yes it's not as bad with some stands. But I use a climbing stand. That's why I said in my situation it's a must have. Happy hunting all and good luck this year
Love my VORTEX !!!!!