Best Climber Treestand for XBow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

Re: Best Climber Treestand for XBow

Post by strum »

BizROWorld wrote:I cant believe nobody locks their stands to trees. Everyone I was in hunting camp with in PA a week ago locked their climbers to trees, and this was on state land. When you got a 1-2 mile walk into the woods, im sure it would be a pain to carry a climber in and out with you along with your xbow, etc.
theres nothing wrong with doing that if you dont mind the risk,,,i will leave mine overnight somtimes if i know ill be back for a morning.But ..i have seen a lot of treestands stolen in the past so thats as far as ill go..
its your money and your choice.
on the comfort side ..i just got a surround seat for my viper and like they already said its hard to stay awake :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

When i hunt a tree which is rare any more. I use a Lone Wolf set and climb. If i leave it for the next hunt. It folds flat and can be hid very easy under some brush or leaves. It it also very solid and quite. And packs very will.
Leonidas

Post by Leonidas »

BizROWorld wrote:I cant believe nobody locks their stands to trees. Everyone I was in hunting camp with in PA a week ago locked their climbers to trees, and this was on state land. When you got a 1-2 mile walk into the woods, im sure it would be a pain to carry a climber in and out with you along with your xbow, etc.
Try that here in Michigan and it would be gone by the next day, especially on public land. I have had lots of stands stolen on private land too.
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

I like American made stands (North American). I am not too keen on imported products from a country that seldom sees snow lol Many here, and elsewhere, tout the wonders of a Viper. It sure looks comfortable. I do not have one, myself. I use an Ol' Man at present and am saving my pennies (as that is all I can seem to save LOL) to buy another Doc's Recliner. It is bar-none the safest climbing treestand on the market. However, it is approximately 30 pounds in weight and takes a couple of minutes to set up and take down...but don't they all? My blasted ex sold mine while I was in North Carolina! Someday, I WILL get me another one :)
Leonidas

Post by Leonidas »

MarkMarine wrote:I use an Ol' Man at present and am saving my pennies (as that is all I can seem to save LOL) to buy another Doc's Recliner. It is bar-none the safest climbing treestand on the market. However, it is approximately 30 pounds in weight and takes a couple of minutes to set up and take down...but don't they all? My blasted ex sold mine while I was in North Carolina! Someday, I WILL get me another one :)
Doc's Recliner? Is that the TreeLounge?
I had one of those years ago. Was very comfortable, but it required 2 men and a boy to haul it out in the woods. I also had the bowhunting adapter on it, and that thing felt like a springboard when I stood on it :shock: A little scary.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Me personally, I can't see paying $300 for a tree stand. :shock: I'm not knocking anyone who does, but I can think of quite a few other things that I could spend the money on, namely another gun or Excalibur. :lol: :wink:

It's probably been 5-6 years or more since I hunted out of a treestand. I've got quite a few different stands, but just don't use them any more. The last one I got, I had to get as a replacement for a climber I had stolen. :x Left it hooked to the tree on private property one night, planning on hunting out of it the next morning, only to find that some POS had stolen it sometime during the night! :x

I found one on the Sportsmans Guide and got it.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/g ... x?a=674534

I can't complain about it at all and have not had any issues with it. Plus at $80, it's a good deal. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
kd8jgu

Post by kd8jgu »

My son bought a 180
I took it out back this morning and tried it out on a range I have made out back.
Well the out come is I will buying one for myself and putting away the ladder stands.
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Stock string
Quill
125 grain ACTs/Boltcutters

MagAir
Stock string
Quill
125 ACTs/Boltcutters
BigKidLovesBows

Post by BigKidLovesBows »

I bought a Summit Dagger this year. It's light and mobile and folds up quite flat. It doesn't have a shooting rail/climbing bar so it may require a bit more upper body strength to use. However, I really like the open feeling and the maneuverability it allowed for my Equinox. I had no problems steadying my arms to aim on the arm rails or on my knee.

The only problem I had was with the o-rings on the locking pins. They are prone to falling off when the platform/seat units are folded up (not in use). I simply squeezed them with needle nosed pliers to tighten them up a bit. Not a problem anymore.