Here we go again!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Athena1

Re: Here we go again!

Post by Athena1 »

agingcrossbower wrote:Sending it to Dan will take care of the problem. As far as ONLY replacing the limbs, Hey, its not your trigger or the stock thats the problem. If it is the scope Dan will find the problem. Other than that the limbs are essentually the bow.
I owned and ran a business for a couple of years and your type of customer more than lightly once something goes wrong everything is wrong and can not be made happy. I would reccommend a refund for you. Better for both parties involved. Move on.

I am the type of customer that has had nothing but trouble with this since I spent 800+ dollars on it. I have now had 2 scopes on it and now I am sending it back. If you haven't noticed gas price is through the roof and I have been running this thing to the shop too much for my liking. I am no different than anyone else. I bet you anyone else who spent this type of money and had the problems I have had would be in the exact mind set as I am in right now.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I'm betting you are a happy hunter when Dan is done.

Relax . . .you will be shooting 1/4" groups in no time.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
strum

Post by strum »

Athena1 wrote:
agingcrossbower wrote:Sending it to Dan will take care of the problem. As far as ONLY replacing the limbs, Hey, its not your trigger or the stock thats the problem. If it is the scope Dan will find the problem. Other than that the limbs are essentually the bow.
I owned and ran a business for a couple of years and your type of customer more than lightly once something goes wrong everything is wrong and can not be made happy. I would reccommend a refund for you. Better for both parties involved. Move on.

I am the type of customer that has had nothing but trouble with this since I spent 800+ dollars on it. I have now had 2 scopes on it and now I am sending it back. If you haven't noticed gas price is through the roof and I have been running this thing to the shop too much for my liking. I am no different than anyone else. I bet you anyone else who spent this type of money and had the problems I have had would be in the exact mind set as I am in right now.
we have all went through this kind of thing at one time or another..maybe not with cross bows but with other things gear,cars,truck,houses, whatever ..i think you will find the problem solved when you get it back from Mr Miller..
all you went through sucked but you did buy the best crossbow on the market with the best support you will find.
remember you did dry fire it ..and your getting new limbs no questions asked..the split stopper was most likely caused by that and i excpect he will replace it too..did you tell him all that?..the other thing is ..if you wish to hang around here you will find a great bunch of guys who have been messin with these things for years..they are all eager to help.except for that Aging guy(he dont know jack) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Who's Jack! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Best answer yet. Good call. There is no bringing back a person who has a machine that functions from a trigger to a rail to a set of limbs, seen through a scope and had problems with every single part, then criticizes every bit of input offered to help.
Let her move on to a different bow and be happy. I have frequented every bow forum that exists and have never heard of a problem like this, so I can't help but speculate as to what the real problem is here.
Hun, send the bow back and be done with it, you are one in a million and should look at other options. When the bow comes back from Dan, who is brilliant with these things, you are just going to have a new problem. I have been there, I swear everything in the world was wrong with my bow when I bought it, turns out, it wasn't the bow.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

For a new guy joining the forum you have to admit that you have been getting a lot of free advice. Were on page three right now and we are no farther than when it began. I am begining to think on Pydpiper's point of view, that you are a trouble makers.
I'd get my money back and double down and buy a compound crossbow. When you dryfire that puppy, you will be in whiners heaven. I suggest you start with Bowtech. :D They'll take care of you for sure.
joe171

Post by joe171 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Common Guys

time to step back and take a deep breath tomorrow is Friday

I think this gentlemen is frustrated and boys here are passionate

don`t make for a good mix

I posted a funny in the other section of the forum check it out

Gota love this forum :D
Joe
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Even the original thread title "picked up an equinox, not happy" (hows that for an introduction) this guy has ten pages of complaints in numerous threads. I can only imagine what he's like to deal with in person. There ain't no making a guy like this happy.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Athena1 the Huntress! If'en you be a Huntress why purchase one of the Beasts ? Assuming yer a woman, you must be very strong n tall fer such a model choice! This is a problem fer Dan Miller in USA to fix or maybe yer Dealer didn't set up model right ? Its very hard to help someone who is very up-set & you mayhave a right to be. I have owned 6 Excals & never have i had the troubles you have had on 1st one!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

If this guy is for real I think we are being a bit hard on him. If his story is real and I was in this situation then I would be out right pissed at my dealer for not doing all the work to make sure I had a working bow in my hands. All the dealers I work with would be mortified by this situation.
Lets take a break and see what happens between the dealer and Athena.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Boo wrote:If this guy is for real I think we are being a bit hard on him. If his story is real and I was in this situation then I would be out right pissed at my dealer for not doing all the work to make sure I had a working bow in my hands. All the dealers I work with would be mortified by this situation.
I am in agreement with you Boo. I don't knowed if'en its a gal or guy!
Half Bubble Off BD360

Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

vixenmaster wrote:
Boo wrote:If this guy is for real I think we are being a bit hard on him. If his story is real and I was in this situation then I would be out right pissed at my dealer for not doing all the work to make sure I had a working bow in my hands. All the dealers I work with would be mortified by this situation.
I am in agreement with you Boo. I don't knowed if'en its a gal or guy!
You got to admit that no intro does lead to a lot of speculation. Not the way to start out on a friendly forum.

Boo may be right and this may be the exception to the rule.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I would like to see a pic of this scope killer and it's owner holding it, and sure want the name and location of the store where it bought being they won't take it back or exchange it, I could be wrong but I thought this was a used bow when this thread started? jmho but something stinks here.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

You really wouldn't expect all of this from a prior owner of the Exomag. Maybe senior moments have ganged up on this person. So with the new day it will bring new problems of being an Excal owner. It reminds me everyday why i feel like the Maytag repairman- nutten to do but watch the rust form & the grass grow! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360