Free string! Angel Majesty Endless Loop String Test

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

georgiaboy

Re: Free string! Angel Majesty Endless Loop String Test

Post by georgiaboy »

I'm shooting firebolts at 393 grains. The bow had set a week since i last shot it & the string had stretched and was resting on the s5 bumper. I put one twist in it and brought it back to my brace height ( credit card width off pad ).
When i put it through the chrony the first time my average was 309fps, this time around it was 312. :?
When i first got the string i put a VERY light coat of daltons on it...not enough to slow it down. I could be wrong, maybe shot some wax off & picked up 3fps :?:
What i don't understand is from what i've read everyone is picking up a little speed or maintaining, i lost about 7fps to my viper-x. No deal breaker cause my scope is still dead on, just trying to figure it out.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
strum

Post by strum »

georgiaboy wrote:I'm shooting firebolts at 393 grains. The bow had set a week since i last shot it & the string had stretched and was resting on the s5 bumper. I put one twist in it and brought it back to my brace height ( credit card width off pad ).
When i put it through the chrony the first time my average was 309fps, this time around it was 312. :?
When i first got the string i put a VERY light coat of daltons on it...not enough to slow it down. I could be wrong, maybe shot some wax off & picked up 3fps :?:
What i don't understand is from what i've read everyone is picking up a little speed or maintaining, i lost about 7fps to my viper-x. No deal breaker cause my scope is still dead on, just trying to figure it out.
did you chrono the both strings in the same day?..
i have noticed some variations in chrono readings when the lighting is different. different days ,cloud cover ect, different distances from the chrono.ect..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Boo

Post by Boo »

In my experience indoor chronograph readings are the only ones that can be relied upon for a number. Outdoor readings can change with clouds, shadows and angles of the sun (time of day). Yes, within a short period of time one reading taken close to another will be good for a comparison but the next day it can change by a good amount.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Actually, I shoot on my deck under the Sunsetter awning, works great; and my range is just to the right. :D
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I did chrony my viper-x string on my vortex just before i put boo's string on...316fps. I'm sure the 3fps difference in readings on boo's string is from being outside. Sure wish i had an indoor range. 8) 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Boo

Post by Boo »

For those who have not seen their strings yet please hang in there. It can take up to 3 weeks from Canada to some places in the US.
strum

Post by strum »

georgiaboy wrote:I did chrony my viper-x string on my vortex just before i put boo's string on...316fps. I'm sure the 3fps difference in readings on boo's string is from being outside. Sure wish i had an indoor range. 8) 8)
you are suppost to lie a little and say the viper x is slower :lol: :lol:
no realy it is what it is,,i never tried a viper x and but im shocked its faster..i wonder what does it weigh?
im not looking to change strings as im pretty sold
on the flemish but i have to say this is one e loop im very impressed with..
im anxious to see what norm has found with his temp torture test..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Dash

Post by Dash »

I got the strings today. 2 different material strings Boo said.I'm looking forward to trying them, but Its bucketing down with rain. Hopefully will get a chance to test tomorrow or on the weekend. I'll have them on a stretcher overnight. The strings weighed in at 126gr and 102gr. I imagine the 38 strand 126gr Blue/black is the angel, it has a nice feel and slick glossy look, and unhairy appearance at a strand level . The green/yellow is the latest brownell material XS2.
Dash

Post by Dash »

Started testing after a night on the stretcher for each string. I'm using a F1chrono, 475gr arrow, and equinox. This equinox had weak limbs from new, so to give a benchmark speed I included a Excal Flemish Superstring. All I done was lightly wax the loops and center serving of all strings before testing.
After about 20 run in shots My initial thoughts was that the Blue/Black Angel string was very loud,the XS1 a bit quieter, and of course Excal Dacron the softest shot.
The Average speeds from the strings were
Angel - 313 fps
Brownell XS1- 315 fps
Excal superstring - 300 fps
Althought the Brownel won the speed test, the brownel string had less strands than the Angel, so I feel the materials are pretty equal in speed. There's no significant creep from either string yet, both seem stable
13-15 fps is a significant increase in speed from the standard string if thats what your after. I love the look and feel of the Angel string. But the sound/vibration would concern me if not using whiskers,S5 , etc. Could be harsh on the limbs over a long period of time.
I'll get back after I've have some more miles on them. I will also throw them under tension on my solar heating jig to simulate 110 plus temperatures we get in summer here.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

don is this the same string material you sent me after the serving went on the 1st string you wanted testers for last time....i have just bout 100 shots on it and it's holding up very nicely, shooting 550gr arrows from exocet 200 at high brace mark towards rail at 187 FPS +/- 3 FPS so far....sorry i haven't been here for awhile due to some health issue's nagging me, missed 9 weeks of my 11 week archery season last year with no venison in freezer....soon to be building some more arrows and shooting again, thx and sorry for being late with my report on the string........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Boo

Post by Boo »

No worries Bob. The serving is made by the same company with the difference being that I served yours with 0.036". The strings that went out to testers were served with 0.026".
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

String holding up well. No noticeable serving separation, end loop or center. Shoot nearly every day at least dozen. Have had to twist up (one turn) to keep desired distance from string stopper my Vortex likes (1/8" off). This string is fastest of all I've ever made or shot, EL or Flemish. Is however louder as well.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
crazyfarmerHD

Post by crazyfarmerHD »

Boo, got mine today.

I did 5 shots with the heavy string and whiskers I still have of yours(cant remmeber the strands 36/42?)

I did 5 shots with the new one you sent out

serving looks good and tight though..

the only thing I dont like is the TWANG and vibration from that string. You can feel is pretty much vibrate the bow from your hands

this is using a 409 grain arrow..
aka crazyfarmer
Deer Whisperer
custom cowwackerz
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

thanks don :wink: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Don,

I received my string this afternoon. I'm letting it stretch overnight and will check my brace height tomorrow. The string looks great and the serving as well.

I will start testing tomorrow and try and chrono the string later in the afternoon.

Thanks
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads