Matrix issues

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

billygoat

Re: Matrix issues

Post by billygoat »

I dont know if you could say not typical peter. I have seen many posts regarding problems with excal scopes and i myself am on to my third.
There is in my mind a common complaint and that is that excal has done a fantastic job of creating amaizing bows but let themselves down some by buying cheap chinese scopes. I would think a partnership with hawke or leupold or the like would be a huge step foward for excal. Just a thought and if excal wants to keep its brand at the top im sure they will start listening to their customers feedback. As the company states in its adds regarding the matrix. We listened to what our customers wanted in a bow!. Enter the Matrix...
Equinox 225lb with S5 system
ShadowZone scope
Gold tip laser II - Firebolts - Horton lightning strike w luminoks.
Excalibur x-act 100g -Magnus stinger buzzcut 100g
If you love something set it free if it doesnt come back hunt it down and kill it!!
ranger

Post by ranger »

I shot my Matrix with a Forum member here and he had issues with the Tac where I had no issues with the scope but that doesn't mean I'm not putting something different on it like a XB30 :) . I like the Tac.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Eye relief needs to be adjustable, not a work with eye relief. All my firearms and Equinox I can mount like a bird gun and each and everyone is crystal clear with zero blurry edges.

I have owned short (1-4x20mm) construction scopes and they don't suffer from this critical eye position each and every time, furthermore the edges aren't blurry.

This problem has become very typical for the Tact-Zone scope and cannot be erased with a work around.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's

Post by newbie »

yooper_man wrote:Eye relief needs to be adjustable, not a work with eye relief. All my firearms and Equinox I can mount like a bird gun and each and everyone is crystal clear with zero blurry edges.

I have owned short (1-4x20mm) construction scopes and they don't suffer from this critical eye position each and every time, furthermore the edges aren't blurry.

This problem has become very typical for the Tact-Zone scope and cannot be erased with a work around.

Andrew
Do you own a tact zone? just askin
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

newbie wrote:
yooper_man wrote:Eye relief needs to be adjustable, not a work with eye relief. All my firearms and Equinox I can mount like a bird gun and each and everyone is crystal clear with zero blurry edges.

Andrew
Do you own a tact zone? just askin
Nope, I don't own one, but I have looked through a few and I quickly see why some people were unhappy.

I have been thinking about buying the Matrix 355, but probably won't since I have been hearing more and more limb and tip issues as well.

Andrew

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's

Post by newbie »

scope tells you when you don't mount the bow properly is the way I look at it. reminds you of bad form
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

newbie wrote:scope tells you when you don't mount the bow properly is the way I look at it. reminds you of bad form
Sure, I am certain some people have difficulty properly shouldering their crossbow for proper eye scope alignment.

I see no issue at all for owners of Tact-Zone scopes if eye relief adjustment can be made properly. If all adjustment efforts fail and the scope remains blurry then its most likely the scope and not user error.

Andrew

Post by newbie »

yooper_man wrote: I have been thinking about buying the Matrix 355, but probably won't since I have been hearing more and more limb and tip issues as well.

Andrew
Ya for sure. :roll: a few yep no more then the old bows. And some I'm sure can be atributed as user error even if they dont admit it same as old bows. I'm sure the matrix lineup us less forgiving then the long legged limb bows were.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

newbie wrote:
yooper_man wrote: I have been thinking about buying the Matrix 355, but probably won't since I have been hearing more and more limb and tip issues as well.

Andrew
Ya for sure. :roll: a few yep no more then the old bows. And some I'm sure can be atributed as user error even if they dont admit it same as old bows. I'm sure the matrix lineup us less forgiving then the long legged limb bows were.

Well time will tell. I heard Excalibur field tested the Matrix line before it was offered to the public. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I feel the issues they are informing us about are true.

When someone dry fires their crossbow they are always forthcoming to tell us all about the experience. To err is human as we all know.

I also heard people are not liking the Matrix triggers much either.

Andrew

Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

I have been thinking about buying the Matrix 355, but probably won't since I have been hearing more and more limb and tip issues as well.
I can assure you the problem is being blown way out of proportion. We have sold thousands of Matrix models, all use the exact same limbs. We have had less limb tip failure on the Matrix percentage wise than our tried and true limbs( like you have on your Equinox) that we have made for 30 years which are the most reliable limbs on the market. The Matrix does not have a chronic limb tip failure problem. Most of the limb tips that did fail did so due to being dry fired which technically is not a warranty issue.

I just want to put this all into perspective, a problem appears on here and broad assumptions are made which the big picture does not support. The Matrix line of crossbows has been put through more testing than any other crossbow we have ever made and its reliability has proved remarkable. As always, anything can fail and if that happens we will look after our customers, plain and simple.

Peter
Boo

Post by Boo »

yooper_man wrote:Well time will tell. I heard Excalibur field tested the Matrix line before it was offered to the public. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I feel the issues they are informing us about are true.

When someone dry fires their crossbow they are always forthcoming to tell us all about the experience. To err is human as we all know.

Andrew
Sounds like you are basing your opinions on what you heard. :roll:
If what you heard is true I wonder why Excalibur is backordered until the end of the year? It might be because the Matrix is a big success! :mrgreen:
Did you ever think that what you "heard" is untrue?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ranger

Post by ranger »

Boo wrote:
yooper_man wrote:Well time will tell. I heard Excalibur field tested the Matrix line before it was offered to the public. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I feel the issues they are informing us about are true.

Andrew
Sounds like you are basing your opinions on what you heard. :roll:
If what you heard is true I wonder why Excalibur is backordered until the end of the year? It might be because the Matrix is a big success! :mrgreen:
Did you ever think that what you "heard" is untrue?
X2. seems like the issues are shooter created not Mfg.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Folks,
I do not own a Matrix yet, I own an Equinox. But I will tell you this, "I will buy a Matrix crossbow any day without a worry whenever my finances are ready and able and will not think twice about it because I trust the company and the crossbows 100%".
Thanks,
Raymond
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Heres a good review MINE WORKS AWESOME AND I LOVE THE SCOPE THE CHEEK PIECE THE ADF THE CAMO COLOR GET THE PICTURE
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Boo

Post by Boo »

JPjunkie wrote:Heres a good review MINE WORKS AWESOME AND I LOVE THE SCOPE THE CHEEK PIECE THE ADF THE CAMO COLOR GET THE PICTURE
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes