How big are your deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

Re: How big are your deer

Post by Masboy »

Noggs got the biggest I ever seen! anyone hunt the small sika deer in southern Maryland or know about there size. my son was down hunting them last week an said they heard them but did not see any.
Zap

Post by Zap »

270 dressed is the biggest that I have killed.

My son and the 270# buck.

Put a tape as he laid in the truck bed and it was almost 8' from his butt to the bloody tounge.
Duck or Bleed.....
rayman

Post by rayman »

Good looking Kansas deer. Looks like a kid headed in the right direction too! :)
Zap

Post by Zap »

rayman wrote:Good looking Kansas deer. Looks like a kid headed in the right direction too! :)
He is 16 now, working on Eagle Scout among other things.
I am proud to have him as a son!
Duck or Bleed.....
rayman

Post by rayman »

Mine is 10 this year and I'm hoping he will get his first buck opening morning of rifle with my Dad's old Win M-70 that I had re-chambered in 257 Roberts. It would make up for having to miss bow season because of work. :)
Zap

Post by Zap »

rayman wrote:Mine is 10 this year and I'm hoping he will get his first buck opening morning of rifle with my Dad's old Win M-70 that I had re-chambered in 257 Roberts. It would make up for having to miss bow season because of work. :)
I hope that he has success.
Duck or Bleed.....
maple

Post by maple »

Last year I shot a buck that field dressed at 218 lbs. Others have been 212 and 210. Of course, when the rut is over their weight's dropped considerably and some are barely fit to eat. I'll take a pre-rut buck anyday. Thank goodness for bow season!

Does typically are all 100 to 110 pounds field dressed with little variation that I've seen so far.

Six month old fawns are bang-on 95 pounds on the hoof. Didn't say I've shot one.
Don't look at the antlers!! And don't look him in the eye!!

2002 Exomag
Custom wood stock with a lot of notches in it
Big John arrows
Loving every minute of it.
The only thing better than a dog, is two dogs.

Maple
tammie

Post by tammie »

our deer here in texas run fairly small body size,we have been in an exceptional drought for a few years now.2 years ago it was so bad that all the does were so skinny ,with maybe 1 in 20 healthy enough to shoot.that year I got a small doe and watched a bunch more before season was over I managed to get another doe & she was large for this neck oh the woods,i had to drag her near an embankment back my tundra up to it & use a rope to pull her in.she stretched
from the front to the tailgate in 8ft.truck bed.she was old and wise the one that would bust ya most times.we hunt in leon county texas some and also limestone couty the deer are much larger in limestone county,just about 30 miles up the road.i guess its what they eat!bucks about 165 pounds?granted like everywhere else we do get the occasional wallhanger and that's what keeps me going.now the pigs ,it would be no surprise to see a 400lber.they are everywhere!Image
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)