Help with my M380 please. Long...sorry

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Help with my M380 please. Long...sorry

Post by paulaboutform »

awshucks wrote:I'm sorry to be redundant.....If you grab your scope and try to tweak it up or down and see any movement at all, it's one of two things. Loose scope mount screws or loose trigger screws.

You guys are the sharpest of the sharp, lol, figure it out, just wanted to bring another factor into the equation...........
The first time both were loose. The second time only the smaller screws were loose.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Thought you were on a hiatus? :mrgreen: At least you're a Conservative.......... :D
"Eze 18:21"
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

The first time both were loose. The second time only the smaller screws were loose.
Did you Loc-tite them? I don't understand your post.....But by now........all are loc-tited? You should be good to go.......

My previous post was directed at sixslomax, lol.....
"Eze 18:21"
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

enormous wrote:Paulaboutform, are you talking about the 4 scope mount screws rounding? If so PM me your address and I will forward you some much better 9/64 allen head screws which are far surperior than the factory 3/32 ones. No cost.
You found your problem.
I used Teflon Tape instead of Blue Loc-Tite as I read somewhere here and it worked great, my next stop if it failed though was the 9/64 or the Torx fasteners also read about here.
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Cherokeeson wrote:
enormous wrote:Paulaboutform, are you talking about the 4 scope mount screws rounding? If so PM me your address and I will forward you some much better 9/64 allen head screws which are far surperior than the factory 3/32 ones. No cost.
You found your problem.
I used Teflon Tape instead of Blue Loc-Tite as I read somewhere here and it worked great, my next stop if it failed though was the 9/64 or the Torx fasteners also read about here.
Thanks to so many of the members here it's all sorted out. I cleaned and lock-tighted every screw and bolt on that bow and scope mounts...and put a leupold vx-r 3-9×40 ballistic firedot on it. Now I just need a boo string and big John arrows and I'll be off to the races. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.