lighted nock review.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Backstraps

Re: lighted nock review.....

Post by Backstraps »

gendoc wrote:ok, with all this talk about nu-fletch nocks, lets hear more about the
"turning the light off" vs lumenok's way.....

and does the nu-fletch offer nocks sized for different style arra's ??

I have always ordered #2219f3 lumenoks for my xx75-2219 arra's
and they fit perfectly.

thanks......... :mrgreen:
Nufletch offers crossbow nocks in .285, .295, and .300 diameter to fit different shafts. Offered in both flat and half moon.

Personally I like the simplicity of the Ignitors and the fact I don't need any other pieces of equipment for them. I pack as light as possible when I hit the woods.

Until I find a better or more durable design, I have no reason to change.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

Backstraps wrote:
gendoc wrote:ok, with all this talk about nu-fletch nocks, lets hear more about the
"turning the light off" vs lumenok's way.....

and does the nu-fletch offer nocks sized for different style arra's ??

I have always ordered #2219f3 lumenoks for my xx75-2219 arra's
and they fit perfectly.

thanks......... :mrgreen:
Nufletch offers crossbow nocks in .285, .295, and .300 diameter to fit different shafts. Offered in both flat and half moon.

Personally I like the simplicity of the Ignitors and the fact I don't need any other pieces of equipment for them. I pack as light as possible when I hit the woods.

Until I find a better or more durable design, I have no reason to change.
thanks backstraps....
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....just ordered 2-3 pks of the green .300 ID Flat nocks of the Nufletch Ignitors....

There seems to be enough forum members who swear by the them and the easy ability to turn off....I am gonna give them a try and report back...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
cb750

Post by cb750 »

Red flat lumenocks I have a bit of an issue getting them to tun off and stay off but they certainly work everytime and didn't affect my accuracy one bit.
Equinox
gdrain

Post by gdrain »

Hello,
I'm new to crossbows and stepped into it with a Matrix 380. I quickly realized that the supplied Diablos w/o the lighted nocks was not the way to go, so not wanting to drift to far from the Excalibur tree, I purchased the lighted Diablo's with the flat Lumenoks. First, at 30 yards, I found a significant drop. Right or wrong, I brought them in using the speed compensator built into the scope. So far so good. The second problem that I found was trying to turn the nocks off. I couldn't grip them tight enough, particularly in the cooler weather. Putting pliers, padded or not, to plastic just seemed to be a disaster waiting to happen. I came up with an idea that has seemed to help. I found that using a piece of 5/16 reinforced plastic tubing and gently forcing it over the nock and then pulling back works better for me. The tubing only needs to 4-5" in length, just to fit your hand. Grip is improved. It's not necessarily a "first-time, every-time fix, but, I believe it to be better than using pliers. Tubing is available at all the big box home improvement stores.
Jus' Pluggin' Along
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

gdrain wrote:Hello,
I'm new to crossbows and stepped into it with a Matrix 380. I quickly realized that the supplied Diablos w/o the lighted nocks was not the way to go, so not wanting to drift to far from the Excalibur tree, I purchased the lighted Diablo's with the flat Lumenoks. First, at 30 yards, I found a significant drop. Right or wrong, I brought them in using the speed compensator built into the scope. So far so good. The second problem that I found was trying to turn the nocks off. I couldn't grip them tight enough, particularly in the cooler weather. Putting pliers, padded or not, to plastic just seemed to be a disaster waiting to happen. I came up with an idea that has seemed to help. I found that using a piece of 5/16 reinforced plastic tubing and gently forcing it over the nock and then pulling back works better for me. The tubing only needs to 4-5" in length, just to fit your hand. Grip is improved. It's not necessarily a "first-time, every-time fix, but, I believe it to be better than using pliers. Tubing is available at all the big box home improvement stores.

...no noticeable drop for me...I would suggest you purchase Danny Miller's Arra Pullers $18 and worth every penny...there are others on this site that also swear by the Nu-Fletch Ignitors...I have them but have yet to give them a whirl....

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

Anthony. I would of thought you would of been out testing them already and giving us a nice review.

I have never used a lighted nock but when I put my order in with Southshorearchery for 6 new zombie slayers I asked for the luminoc. So this will be my first attempt at a lighted nock.

Can't wait
Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Talltines wrote:Anthony. I would of thought you would of been out testing them already and giving us a nice review.

I have never used a lighted nock but when I put my order in with Southshorearchery for 6 new zombie slayers I asked for the luminoc. So this will be my first attempt at a lighted nock.

Can't wait
Brian

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....so you know me heh? I really would have, but I wanted to wait until I really got the chance to put them through the ringer...

If I take the plunge and order the 335...I might just go with them from the onset!

Brian, there are others on here who swears by them...namely Swamp Donkey...I like their design...my only concern is when you pull the light stick out to turn it off...it is just another thing to drop on the ground...

I can tell you the Lumenoks have been rock solid for my boys and me and it would be very hard to pull them out to go to something else (not literally but figuratively!)

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Talltines

Post by Talltines »