Best way to keep warm feet

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Peacemaker

Re: Best way to keep warm feet

Post by Peacemaker »

paulaboutform wrote:Heck, if you're in a ground blind bring in a small propane heater that you screw into the disposable bottles. It'll warm up that small space enough to warm more than your feet.
I bought two of these heaters (different brands, one at a time) and returned them both. The slight hissing of the propane even on the lowest setting sounded like a foghorn in the otherwise silent dawn. I can't imagine that being good for bringing a deer or turkey within range....
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

FYI
I was at a Field & Stream store today and made sure to note the name of the thermal insoles that are fantastic, especially if you wear rubber boots.
They are called Little Hotties Thermal Insoles. Cost is $7.99 for a pair. There is about 1000 grams of felt and wool with a reflective layer on the top. These things wick the moisture away from your feet and add an extra layer of insulation - they really work.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Peacemaker wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Heck, if you're in a ground blind bring in a small propane heater that you screw into the disposable bottles. It'll warm up that small space enough to warm more than your feet.
I bought two of these heaters (different brands, one at a time) and returned them both. The slight hissing of the propane even on the lowest setting sounded like a foghorn in the otherwise silent dawn. I can't imagine that being good for bringing a deer or turkey within range....
Hmmmm. Good information, I thought they'd be radiant heat and not noisy. Won't beggetting those. :wink:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
6x6 elk

Post by 6x6 elk »

I also have had great luck with tha Baffin Boots. They are bulky, but if you are not doing a lot of walking, they are really warm and you don't have to worry about a battery running down.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Not one reply has been "A warm hearted woman"/"Good hearted woman" ! I cant believe it ! :lol:
Bwnro girl

Post by Bwnro girl »

I take a can of Chafer fuel with me to my ground stand. Just have to light it and it works great and last for 6 hours.They are also called Sterno cans and you can buy them at Wal-Mart and Canadian tire.