Warning all Boofest friends

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Re: Warning all Boofest friends

Post by ComfyBear »

Big John wrote:Unfortunately Lou, the strings I got from you were only for Matrix Bows. Far to short for long limb Phoenix.
As for the two Zombies, Just let me know colours and weight and size and I will bring to Boofest. If you wish to make one for her bow I'm sure she would be quite happy.
However, we'd just be helping her out more. :mrgreen:

Big John
John, I don't know if you've noticed, but due to other priorities, I haven't been on the forum for months, nor have I made strings of any kind. However having ample spares, tell Jenn it would please me to give her one from my "personal collection", if it would help her "kick some butt".

As far as the two Zombies, make them the same as the ones you've made for me the last time. I don't remember the exact specs, but if I remember correctly, you told me you have a record of the specs in your order book. If you don't, let you know, and I will weigh them.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Big John wrote:Well, I have advised Jen that there is to be NO bow tuning done by anyone at Boofest!
Especially TPM!!! :lol:
She is prepared to do the 3D as well.
I think she wants to go around with Patty and Moni and Myself and possible others.
She feels more comfortable with ones she knows. So, Im not sure if that's good or bad.
I don't want to be beat by her, although it would make me proud, it would also deflate ego's pretty quick!!! :lol: :lol:
She has told me that she expected more trash talk from the forum though! She is well aware it's all for fun, anyone who knows her knows she loves to laugh!!!
So, lets not let her down and hit her back with the smack!!! :lol: :)

Big John
Big John, I'm looking forward to meeting and maybe getting to shoot with you and Babyeilson. Now as far as trash talking goes, after seeing her groups I don't know that I want to be saying too much because crow is not one of my favorite foods! :lol:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Big John

Post by Big John »

You are correct Lou. :wink: I do keep a record of all arrows made and for who.
I will do the same. :wink:
As for giving Jen a string, She was very happy to say the least last night when I told her! :) As far as helping her out, the way she is shooting, she won't need much more help. :lol: She is really looking forward to the event. And, she has a good respect for Lou and his shooting skills. :wink: But she thinks she can hang in there for a good showing!
I most like it when more Women show up to shoot! When you see the happy faces after they get a good shot, is what it's all about!
That is one thing I really like about Excalibur Bows, they always give the shooter great shots!!! Once set up correctly, you can sit back and collect a pocketful of smiles!!!
8) :D That is Boofest!!!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I am curious...is all of this phenomenal shooting done off of a rest or "free style?"

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

The dreaded freehand!!!! :lol:
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ....say it isn't so! :cry: :cry: :cry:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

amythntr wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ....say it isn't so! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wait a minute, I was planning on having my stool, tripod trigger stix, rangefinder and binos for that 3D shooting stuff and now it sounds like the tripod isn't allowed!??? :shock: :oops: Paisan, I don't know how that's gonna work out. :oops: :mrgreen:

Paul

......I mentioned in another thread I use rice bags on my shooting rest, I guess I should also add 'sandbags'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom

Post by Tom »

There are impromptu "fun" shoots where you can shoot with your own rules. But the "contests for prizes" are freehand, no stools, no range finders.

I think that my money (if I was a betting man) would be on babynelson taking out more then a few. :D :D :D

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....err I just remembered I have to take my wife where ever she tells me she needs to go for that weekend...30 years of marriage and I think that Boofest is the weekend we talked about getting our Christmas shopping done! :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

Anthony :shock: :cry:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Big John

Post by Big John »

Yep! As Tom said, all shooting for prizes or 3D is all FREEHAND! :wink: :)
So practice freehand until the event!
No Rangefinders either! :mrgreen:

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

FREEDOM!

I mean FREEHAND!

Sounds like there will be some great competition again!
Going to hit a few local 3D shoots to try to keep up with Jen! Love it when more ladies join the fun!

I was at a 3D last weekend and shot against some excellent competition in the ladies.... one of them was forum members Bugs (Tara). There was also the wife of a forum member. Both kept me on my toes! I'd be proud to have been outshot by any of them.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

VixChix wrote:FREEDOM!

I mean FREEHAND!

Sounds like there will be some great competition again!
Going to hit a few local 3D shoots to try to keep up with Jen! Love it when more ladies join the fun!

I was at a 3D last weekend and shot against some excellent competition in the ladies.... one of them was forum members Bugs (Tara). There was also the wife of a forum member. Both kept me on my toes! I'd be proud to have been outshot by any of them.
....not fair...us crossbow shooters are not allowed to shoot 3D in NJ...there was but one place in south Jersey that allowed it...we should be handicapped! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....and no rangefinder....whaaaaaaaaat....I might as well just stay home and have my wife throw frying pans at me...it will be less painful :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Tom

Post by Tom »

amythntr wrote:....and no rangefinder....whaaaaaaaaat....I might as well just stay home and have my wife throw frying pans at me...it will be less painful :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Naaaaaa, Anthony you do not need to stay home and have frying pans thrown at you. We do not throw frying pans at BooFest, we only throw knives and spears :lol: :lol:

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Let me get this straight; no shooting aids or rangefinders and unmarked distance? Sounds kinda scary! Hmmmm :shock: :wink: